Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Aftermarket suspension options for 2024 MSLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About to pull the trigger on a MSLR. Coming from a M3P and before that a BMW M3. I don’t like big cars but need the extra legroom in the backseats to accommodate kids that are now both over 6' Test drove the MS and it’s fine but I’m worried I’ll miss the nimble, toss-ability of my previous cars.

Are there any reviews on the Unplugged Performance Suspension Package for this model - which appears to be a grab bag of lighter/stronger control & toe arms, sway bars and lowering kit? MPP doesn't have much either and is, understandably, more focused on the MSP for suspension. I’d prefer to keep and augment the air suspension vs going the direction of coilovers. I won't be tracking this. Any recommendations or experiences?

Am I overthinking it? Is the stock adaptive air suspension perfectly fine and I shouldn’t bother trying to control the girth of the MS any further? It’s actually not **that** much heavier than a M3P if we’re being honest.

My other option is going for a used Taycan GT Cross Turismo but it’s a bit too small for my kids vs the MS. Also the supercharger network is a must for me and there’s no commitment or solution in sight for adapters to older models.

the plaid and the Long range have identical suspensions . The mpp stuff for the plaid fits the long range.

Did you have any aftermarket suspension bits on your M3P? If not, then the LR is just a tad heavier. The rubber bushings on the oem links (just like the m3p) make the drivability a bit sluggish. To get nimble, get all the suspension upgrades (minus the clovers)

Thanks! I figured the MSLR and MSP suspensions were identical which is why I was surprised that MPP doesn't call that out explicitly (whereas Unplugged does).

No suspension upgrades on my M3P but was happy with the stock setup. The car is just well balanced and feels light. I realize you can't change physics with the MS but I'm hoping a nudge in the right direction.

It sounds like heading down the path of upgrading the individual parts will make a material difference which is super encouraging!!