Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

265 run-flat all around

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
for those who have done it, no news....may be helpful to anyone on the fence like i was a couple weeks back.

encouraged by posts by BBG523, rns57 and shawna (thanks again), decided to try 265 RunFlats on all four so got two 9" rims (from HH), and 4 pirelli 265 run-flats (why RF...see note at the end) form TR with two new TPMS sensors...completed the install 2 days back....all is working great. here are a few specific observations....

driving.performance:
a.. dry roads-- NO noticeable change at all
b. wet/snowy roads-- TBD, snow is in the forecast

2. tire noise-- overall, NO noticeable change....mixed results, slight quieter on some roads and slightly noisier on other roads

3. range-- TBD, need to collect more data. theoretically the range will a few miles less as the RFs are a bit heavier.

why RFs (in spite of the negative press)? well a matter a priority....most of my driving is local and most of it is with 2.5yr old baby (was 1 yr old when i got the car). i already had one nail damage but was small enough that i could get home, not having to wait an hour+ on the road with a baby in the back....so the priority is not getting stuck on the road; range, noise, wear don't matter...happy so far to have taken this path.