Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

27 hours from delivery and I don't have a final balance due yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I actually thought I saw a Tesla video with people doing ACH on site at delivery..... perhaps that was back in the days of all the paperwork being electronic, which never happened except for a test at Fremont or something...
I forgot to bring my checkbook to Delivery November 2017. Used a texted photo to enter the info in their ACH application. Money cleared and process continued.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
Yeah I realise that now. Just picked up this from the "recent threads" list. I know what you mean about primitive. We have property in Canada and banking there is like banking in the UK 25 years ago! I haven't written a personal cheque in about 10 years or more. But looks like you guys can still write a personal "check" and drive off with a $50K motor on the spot! I'm surprised there isn't more fraud going on?!
Check is immediately scanned and deposited. Tesla’s financial institution then demands payment from the other institution. If check doesn’t clear, Tesla should know about the same time you close your checkbook.

Besides, they know where their car is, can probably disable it.

Reactions: bhzmark
btw - I've never gotten a call from my ISA (in Las Vegas), only email. I've tried to call the number and the vm has always been full. I've sent another email asking for final pricing but the reply was that comes from another department. This is a crazy way to buy a car!

I'm in the same boat - ISA has been unresponsive, cant VM, etc.....I'm scheduled for delivery at 11:30am monday. As of now (41 hrs out) I have no info on payment amount.

I was told by an ISA that I can write a personal check for up to $10K, so if I don't hear anything, I'm going to get a Bank Check at 9am Monday for the Base price minus downpayment, and then pay the tax, title, fees, etc. with a personal check

Sorry that really sucks. Will make it that much better on Monday though right!?

I called today. My car actually came in today so of course I asked if it would be possible to squeeze me in today. They called me back 10 minutes later....nope, still Monday. Ahh, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Edit:.....just got another call....air conditioner doesn't work so they have to get parts delivered from the factory....unknown ETA. I'm asking for a loaner, I paid cash in full so I need something for the interest I'm losing.

Last edited:
I called today. My car actually came in today so of course I asked if it would be possible to squeeze me in today. They called me back 10 minutes later....nope, still Monday. Ahh, I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

Edit:.....just got another call....air conditioner doesn't work so they have to get parts delivered from the factory....unknown ETA. I'm asking for a loaner, I paid cash in full so I need something for the interest I'm losing.
Wow... total bummer.

who have you been calling, the service center or your ISA?