Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3-4kW System w/ 2 Powerwalls?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm up in the East Bay hills in a Tier II zone, plus we had more than 2 PSPS events last year. We also are on Medical Baseline for a CPAP machine.

I really appreciate all the replies! Looks like we're going to move forward with the two Powerwalls, then add some panels down the road if we have issues keeping them charged.

Welcome to the TMC. Enjoy your stay.

Do add more panels now as it will cost you more later on as a separate transaction. Aim for at least 100-110% of your actual use to account for solar degradation.

The additional equipment (Powewalls, gateway, solar inverters) consume power and there are in-and-out inefficiencies (about 10% loss) for the Powerwalls. Roughly each Powerwall consumes about one solar panel worth of electricity a year.

That's really great to hear--I was led to believe that they ran through the funds already.

Senate Bill 700 added $513mm to the Equity Resiliency program which brought the total approved amount to $613mm.

Assuming each homeowner who qualifies gets 1.5 Powerwalls, this would fund about 32,000 homeowners. So yeah, it may be well funded but you should also expect it to run out fast. Many installers are trying to get customers who qualify to stick their faces in the sweet government money trough.