Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 or 4 electric motors?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the presentation actually say what batteries would be in the semi? Everyone expects 4680 but then I heard 2160s somewhere.
They already said 2170s. 1st gen 4680 have lower specific energy capacity per kg and would result in a lower range. They will probably change over when/if they get the 4680s 2ed gen. 4680s are turning out to be a disappointment and still need a lot of development.

They already said 2170s. 1st gen 4680 have lower specific energy capacity per kg and would result in a lower range. They will probably change over when/if they get the 4680s 2ed gen. 4680s are turning out to be a disappointment and still need a lot of development.
I was shocked to see the Munro teardown and the cooling path was on the sides of the cans. I though the goal was to have heat and current flow the short path to the tabs and be collected there. I assumed top and bottom cooling. What happened?

Hmmm they specifically said PLAID motors
Its all model 3 hardware on the inside

"This is a look inside the actual PMSRM motor of the Plaid drive unit. This is essentially the "Raven" drive unit which itself is a repackaged Model 3 PMSRM rear motor. The main change for Plaid was upgrading the rotor for higher speed operation by incorporating a carbon-fiber overwrap to keep the rotor from coming apart at 200 MPH/320 KPH.

The Motor itself with stator/field, rotor and housing only weighs 99 LBS/45 KG. The rest of the drive unit adds about 110 LBS/50 KG for a total of about 210 LBS/95 KG."

Its all model 3 hardware on the inside

"This is a look inside the actual PMSRM motor of the Plaid drive unit. This is essentially the "Raven" drive unit which itself is a repackaged Model 3 PMSRM rear motor. The main change for Plaid was upgrading the rotor for higher speed operation by incorporating a carbon-fiber overwrap to keep the rotor from coming apart at 200 MPH/320 KPH.

The Motor itself with stator/field, rotor and housing only weighs 99 LBS/45 KG. The rest of the drive unit adds about 110 LBS/50 KG for a total of about 210 LBS/95 KG."
You better tell them what they are selling, I’m just going by the video they produced