Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3 Week Old M3 LR and My First Service Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortly after receiving my new car I decided that I wanted to get homelink instead of some ugly $15 clip on garage door opener on my visor.
Received the package a couple days later and scheduled the appointment at my workplace with the app.

Over all a pleasant experience the technician arrived today called and said that he was about to begin. Called again a short time later saying he was done and to give him a call if I have any issues with it when I get home. I didn't have to leave my desk or see the technician. I came home and programmed both garage doors Ez-Pz.

I could get used to mobile service if they can swoop in and fix things and are gone before I even notice :)

Here's hoping that they're all this nice or that there are none at all. 👍

Reactions: BigNick and T4M3
I did the same. Since it was my first Tesla, I stood out with him and asked him all kinds of questions as he was the first Tesla person I was able to interact with after having the car for a few days.

I had my tires rotated last week by mobile service and the neighbor came over and was impressed by "what all you get for free when you buy a 100K dollar car". LOL

Reactions: OliverM3
I have to say the location specific buttons that pop up are really nice. Having two buttons below the car image when you're close to home is nice so you can quickly open and close the two doors and then that they disappear when you're 200' or so away from the garage. Also that it adds the homelink to the app so you can open the doors from anywhere in the house or I guess world if your car is sitting in the garage.
This definitely takes homelink to a new level vs just visor buttons.

One quirk in the location settings: I had HomeLink set up to automatically open my garage and fold the mirrors when I approached my home. I moved to a new home and deleted the HomeLink setting for my old home. However, if I drive by my old home, my mirrors still fold. 🙂

• Funny
Reactions: Halldawg
One quirk in the location settings: I had HomeLink set up to automatically open my garage and fold the mirrors when I approached my home. I moved to a new home and deleted the HomeLink setting for my old home. However, if I drive by my old home, my mirrors still fold. 🙂
That's funny I was wondering where it stored the locations and if you could clear them.