Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3+ years without a software update.. now it won't..

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was off of updates for a little over 2 years, stopped right before the 2020 Holiday update to avoid the UI changes and continued skipping until late spring 2023 (when they introduced the wiper speed scroll wheel controls, first compelling new feature for me in that time). Had no trouble getting back on updates, but I don't think every update will get pushed. How long have you been waiting for an update? It may take a while to get the prompt. Also sounds like they have slowed/stopped the current holiday update deployment due to some bugs so you might be just caught up in that delay??

I was off of updates for a little over 2 years, stopped right before the 2020 Holiday update to avoid the UI changes and continued skipping until late spring 2023 (when they introduced the wiper speed scroll wheel controls, first compelling new feature for me in that time). Had no trouble getting back on updates, but I don't think every update will get pushed. How long have you been waiting for an update? It may take a while to get the prompt. Also sounds like they have slowed/stopped the current holiday update deployment due to some bugs so you might be just caught up in that delay??
I read OP’s post as the car was out of the country for 3 years and completely disconnected, which would present a different set of problems.

But I might have made that detail up, the post isn’t very descriptive.

I could explain but boring story. the car was parked in the garage in Cali for 3 years. And it's not my car. It's in my possession now because he left the country again. He tried adding me as a second driver so maybe I can update but I wasn't able to connect to the car after the invite.

I may have had a similar issue.
My car is second hand and was stored somewhere without internet. The 12v had failed and now updates would download but never install.
It was something to do with the two internal computers not verifying, security certificates etc.
A senior technician had to remote in from another country and it took like 5 hours to fix but now everything's fine.

Reactions: E46M3