Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else that hasn't gotten the prompt to upgrade to UWB for the phone key yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 2023 X (built some time early last year), and it's been updated to 2024.2.7, but I still haven't gotten the prompt for upgrading the phone key to UWB yet. The app on the phone (iPhone 15 Pro) is the latest version as well.

Is it just me? Anybody else with the hardware required and the right software versions that hasn't been prompted yet as well? Or is it just a US thing for now perhaps?

I have a US 2023 X (June) and iPhone 15 pro. I also have not received the option to upgrade. I did get the car update that listed UWB in the release notes and my phone app has been updated to a version greater than the required version for UWB support. I have two cars in my Tesla app, so not sure if the older car is preventing the newer one from getting the upgrade option, or if it is something else?

No I have HW4 and got it
Same here (HW4 Oct. 2023 built X LR), got it just a few days after it was announced and its been great!

Huge improvement in accuracy, and I've had ZERO missed attempts recognizing as I walk up since. 🤞

I've been using Phone Key since 2018 with my first Model 3 and it was never this good. I would estimate maybe 10-55% of times I would need to wake my phone screen first before the car would recognize my entry attempt.

Currently on Tesla App v4.30.6 and vehicle SW 2024.2.7 using a plain old iPhone 12 ✅

We have a 2023 X (built some time early last year), and it's been updated to 2024.2.7, but I still haven't gotten the prompt for upgrading the phone key to UWB yet. The app on the phone (iPhone 15 Pro) is the latest version as well.

Is it just me? Anybody else with the hardware required and the right software versions that hasn't been prompted yet as well? Or is it just a US thing for now perhaps?
I have two model Y’s , one using H3 and one H4 (1 mo old) and neither one has prompted me to upgrade to UWB yet (iPhone 13 pro)

Does your X show UWB in the software release notes?

Attachments

• IMG_4005.png
    IMG_4005.png
    316.6 KB · Views: 23
I got a prompt to "upgrade" my phone key here after updating to 2024.8.7. I did it, but it was still mentioning Bluetooth in the dialogue that appeared. Is there any way to see if it has been upgraded to UWB?
UWB uses a combo of Bluetooth and the actual ultrawide band. If the Tesla app shows up in the nearby interactions menu, it should be enabled.

If you look at the older release notes (2024.8.7 should show up even if you skipped that version), it should show UWB

Thanks terranx but my 2024.8.9 release notes seem to have skipped the 2024.8.7 section. There is no mention of UWB as others have shown:

1712935065963.png

BUT - about 15 minutes after the update finished I got a notification on my phone to upgrade my key! I went through the steps and it looks like it is there. The Tesla app is showing under "Nearby Interactions".

Yay!! I cannot wait to see how it works out in the wild.