Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else that hasn't gotten the prompt to upgrade to UWB for the phone key yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ā€˜24 model 3 on the latest software for the car and phone and never received a prompt to upgrade. With that said, I havenā€™t had a single issue with my phone not opening the doors. I wonder if on the ā€˜24 model 3 it just worked from the start since it never really had the ā€œold versionā€.

ā€˜24 model 3 on the latest software for the car and phone and never received a prompt to upgrade. With that said, I havenā€™t had a single issue with my phone not opening the doors. I wonder if on the ā€˜24 model 3 it just worked from the start since it never really had the ā€œold versionā€.
The only vehicle where precise location is an advantage, is the Model X, with its automatic door open feature. I was asked by my 2022 Model X, but not my 2019 Model 3. While I can't say for sure whether or not that feature exists on the Model 3. But UWB really would not make a difference to me.

The only vehicle where precise location is an advantage, is the Model X, with its automatic door open feature. I was asked by my 2022 Model X, but not my 2019 Model 3. While I can't say for sure whether or not that feature exists on the Model 3. But UWB really would not make a difference to me.
The spring software update is going to enable automatic trunk opening on UWB equipped cars

Why on earth would that be helpful? Every time you walk up to your car the trunk opens? I don't think so. I have already had three or four updates, this spring. None of them mentioned that feature.

No one has received the update yet but Tesla was teasing it on social media yesterday:

Because UWB allows for precise ("centimeter level accuracy" per Tesla) movement and location, I think Tesla is programming it so that you stand still in a certain location without moving for a predetermined amount of time before the trunk opens automatically

2023 MSP, HW4. I too never saw a prompt to connect the UWB key, but then I got in the car, turned OFF/ON Bluetooth on the phone and the car, and the prompt to upgrade key showed up in app then. Now it shows TWO Bluetooth connections on my iPhone 15 Pro, with one of them showing a Key next to it. All working perfectly.

Reactions: Daytonaviolet
2023 MSP, HW4. I too never saw a prompt to connect the UWB key, but then I got in the car, turned OFF/ON Bluetooth on the phone and the car, and the prompt to upgrade key showed up in app then. Now it shows TWO Bluetooth connections on my iPhone 15 Pro, with one of them showing a Key next to it. All working perfectly.
Have something similar as I have two teslas. Mx has working UWB, Ms seems to not work

IMG_6081.jpeg