Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

310 Mile Mercedes EV To Be Unveiled In October

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I meant was that I think we will see technological advancements in the efficiency of wireless charging before we see people agreeing on a single charging cable standard. That seems to be where it's headed, at least. All things being equal, who wouldn't prefer wireless charging?
Of course there are different wireless charging standards too... or at least will be once they different manufacturers get a bit more mature.

If their best photo of this thing is some old guy pointing his finger, I'm not sure it's going to sell well...

:rolleyes:

upload_2016-6-14_9-10-58.png

See the chassis drawing of the coming Daimler EV as shown in this article New Mercedes Electric Platform Promises More Than 300 Miles of Range - Automobile

There is a massive "Electric Drive Module" at one end of the car (I can't tell if it is at the front or the rear). It's huge. Why so big? There is a much smaller one at the other end.
Since the Mercedes emblem is on the right, I would assume that is supposed to be the front, with the grey object being radiator of some sort. Looks like they are taking the approach with their EV like an ICE vehicle. Instead of big hunk of engine block, they have big hunk of drivetrain "drive module". No frunk no doubt.

Since the Mercedes emblem is on the right, I would assume that is supposed to be the front
You're correct I'm sure. I missed seeing the MBZ emblem, maybe because I was so distracted by what looked almost like an ICE sitting on that EV chassis.

I think it is an onboard gas-powered generator. ;) There definitely will not be a usable frunk in that car.