Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

35 Day Vacation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We set the charge level to 50% when we're going to be leaving the car for that long. I can't quote a source that says 50% is the best long-term storage level, but I seem to recall reading that somewhere. Maybe someone else can chime in on this point.

I recommend a battery tender for the 12v if you're gonna leave it idle for >1 week. IMO it's worth avoiding the wear on that poor little 12v. Unfortunately it appears that the 12v terminals aren't as accessible on the facelift version....

I recommend a battery tender for the 12v if you're gonna leave it idle for >1 week. IMO it's worth avoiding the wear on that poor little 12v. Unfortunately it appears that the 12v terminals aren't as accessible on the facelift version....

Rumor has it that the newer cars/battery packs have a 12v feed directly from the HV pack to support the car and prevent the cycling on the little 12v battery. So that may only be necessary on "older" cars. (That works even when the contactors are open.)

Reactions: nwdiver