Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3D MAXPIDER 2nd Row Seatback Protector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for bringing this thread back up! I was getting annoyed by my set bowing out because it was getting pushed from the bottom. I'll have to get them moved again.

One thing I need to figure out is where exactly to cut out the slot for the stabilizing bar in the middle seat. I've already done the cutouts for the anchors and the middle seat button, but with the bar covered by the protector, it's not all that helpful if I have to remove it to put that seat down. A project for another day though.

I have these on my 7 seater but I have a couple issues. The first being that it seems the mats are slightly larger than the seat backs. The velcro bits are on a couple tabs at the edge and since the three mats are slightly wider than each seat section, only part of the velcro actually adheres. And due to the way the velcro is mounted as a tab, if I don't stretch the mat out fully, I end up with a pretty big bulge/gap in the center of each mat and it doesn't sit flush. If I pull the mats all the way across, I also get a bit of an overlap from one to the next. When I adjust the seats, depending which mat is laying over the other, it'll sometimes pull the mat off (due to only a couple small tabs of velcro). Also, there's no cutout for the child seat latch belt things. On the plus side, because there's a bit of a bulge and velcro is only on a small part of the sides, I can slip the belt thing for the car seats between the mat and the seat with ease. The down side is I have to pull off the mats every time if I need to remove the car seat latches.

That said, the rest of the set is great and fits awesome. Well almost... there's this weird piece for the third row... I think it's meant to go over the rails or something? But there's only one of them... and it doesn't have any velcro on it. Not exactly sure if it's actually meant for third row or somewhere else. I just left it out of the car - didn't feel like I actually needed it anyways.

Anyone get these installed perfectly yet? I have these installed for a few months now and I’m still not 100% satisfied.
I shifted mine down so that the ridged part folds down underneath when the seat is up, but that way isn’t great either. It only attaches to the very edge of the trunk floor carpet. Then you have to use your hand to guide the fold down as the seat comes up. There’s not really any way for it to be hassle free in the seat raising process. I also got one of the hard plastic ones from Amazon and the bottom part folds outside of the trunk floor so it’s a little easier.

Reactions: Kwame