Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3M Wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
I am in Canada where it looks as though the cost for upgrade in paint colour would be around $1200-1300, so I started pricing out 3M wrap options, which looks as though it's going to cost around $3000 with chrome delete...Has anyone done this, what was your experience, what colour, cost, company used, and just general thoughts? Apparently the wrap is best done on a black vehicle, so all signs thus far point to this option, but I am very unfamiliar with the product, so I was hoping for some insight. OH YA, PICS IF YOU HAVE THEM!!!

Hello,
I am in Canada where it looks as though the cost for upgrade in paint colour would be around $1200-1300, so I started pricing out 3M wrap options, which looks as though it's going to cost around $3000 with chrome delete...Has anyone done this, what was your experience, what colour, cost, company used, and just general thoughts? Apparently the wrap is best done on a black vehicle, so all signs thus far point to this option, but I am very unfamiliar with the product, so I was hoping for some insight. OH YA, PICS IF YOU HAVE THEM!!!
Cost seems to vary a lot by area. A lot of the cost is labour, and quality of the details can vary as how thorough the shop is and my understanding is whether they use pre-cut pieces or custom cut as they apply to your specific vehicle.

Here in TX prices seem to run mid-$3000 (US $ obviously) and up towards mid $4000. But I saw someone in Cali say they got a full colour wrap (no chrome delete) for about $2000.

In any event you probably should budget for at least a couple thousand above what the not-black factory paint would cost.

I'm headed to a shop on Saturday morning in SoCal to check out some wrap/mod options. Already ordered my black Model 3. A wrap is definitely in the plans.

The primary shop I've researched out here is a Tesla-only shop - I've assumed that has them charging a premium for their services. Quotes for a wrap and chrome delete were $3500/$1200, respectively. They don't use pre-cut wraps, and their work looks great from what I've seen.

Interesting to hear the prices you've found. Considering I'm already spending too much on the car itself, it might serve me well to shop around.

Colors I'm considering at the moment are satin black, gloss black, brushed black metallic, black cherry, and midnight blue. What did you have in mind?

I'm headed to a shop on Saturday morning in SoCal to check out some wrap/mod options. Already ordered my black Model 3. A wrap is definitely in the plans.

The primary shop I've researched out here is a Tesla-only shop - I've assumed that has them charging a premium for their services. Quotes for a wrap and chrome delete were $3500/$1200, respectively. They don't use pre-cut wraps, and their work looks great from what I've seen.

Interesting to hear the prices you've found. Considering I'm already spending too much on the car itself, it might serve me well to shop around.

Colors I'm considering at the moment are satin black, gloss black, brushed black metallic, black cherry, and midnight blue. What did you have in mind?

well to my surprise, there are so many amazing colours out there to choose from, which is why I am choosing this wrap option in the first place, not to mention that it adds protection to the car as well. Satin Black, Matte Charcoal, psychedelic white (i think??)...love the new metallic colours too....this is why I want to see pics if people have them done :)

well to my surprise, there are so many amazing colours out there to choose from, which is why I am choosing this wrap option in the first place, not to mention that it adds protection to the car as well. Satin Black, Matte Charcoal, psychedelic white (i think??)...love the new metallic colours too....this is why I want to see pics if people have them done :)

Lots of info on wraps in the forums. Be aware they don’t last like paint, will weather/fade especially if parked outside and may damage your o4iginal paint when removed.

Search this forum as well as the TMC Canada forum and M3OC:

Canada

M3OC:

Tesla Model 3 Owners Club

Bad wraps are a very real possibility.

As far as I've been able to gather a wrap won't cause damage. The person doing the wrap can (if the cut in place in certain ways, or aren't careful/skillful in disassembly). Or if your paint had problems prior to the wrap, removing can amplify that.

i also ordered black, and im thinking of doing 3m pro series.
while youre there, can you ask a few question for me?
i always hear xpel is the best, but lots of people also swear by 3m pro.
can you see what they say? what are the pros and cons of the other?
also, on a black car, does ppf 100% prevent swirls on the black paint?
i know that sounds like a dumb question, but ive read that it doesnt completely prevent swirls.
and i cant wrap my head around how/why that would be.

im mostly looking for a clear ppf. black looks the best when its glossy and shiny and clean imo.
its just hard keeping it like that.