Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3p Or Used S100d?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After several years of owning an S (we even had two for a while) I have been driving a 3 for over a year.

I have only scraped the bottom of my 3p once, on a friend's really bad driveway. The S used to make it.
Do you have the version with or without lowered suspension?

Love both cars. S is smoother, quieter, has 2 screens for better nav display, and has more cargo space, so better for road trips. (In fact we are on a road trip now, in my wife's X, which she wishes was an S but her father can't bend to get in one).

The 3 is more efficient, a little easier to wash and park, and has awesome handling and steering feel so I prefer it around town.
When you say the S is quieter, is it possibly due to road noise on the 3P? Because it has a better drag coefficient (so I assume less parasitic drag through the air). Or maybe the seals are better on the S?

That was with the lower suspension.

I am not positive why the Model S is quieter. But if I had to guess it would be less road noise from the tires. I had the same tires on both cars - different sizes obviously.