Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party chargers on Tesla navigation system

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I’m planning a road trip from Romania to Turkey, very few superchargers options available and it will significantly increase the trip length if I follow the superchargers network. Is it possible to have 3rd party chargers displayed on my Tesla trip planer / navigation system ?

I'm in the US and I definitely see third party chargers in navigation, but I'm sure the map is incomplete even with regard to those. On your map screen when you select the 'show me chargers' icon, there will be three buttons with lightning bolts(1, 2, and 3 bolts, respectively). Press on the three bolt button to see superchargers, or the one or two bolt buttons to show slower/destination chargers.

Sadly, I don't think there's a way to tell the Tesla navigation system to use third party chargers. I wonder if www.abetterrouteplannner.com covers Romania.

I'm in the US and I definitely see third party chargers in navigation, but I'm sure the map is incomplete even with regard to those. On your map screen when you select the 'show me chargers' icon, there will be three buttons with lightning bolts(1, 2, and 3 bolts, respectively). Press on the three bolt button to see superchargers, or the one or two bolt buttons to show slower/destination chargers.

Sadly, I don't think there's a way to tell the Tesla navigation system to use third party chargers. I wonder if www.abetterrouteplannner.com covers Romania.
Thank you for the feedback! my guess is 3rd party chargers are only enabled for certain regions since I tried this but I can only see the supercharges.