Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd party only sellers (Vroom, carvana etc...) and FSD/AP status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gatewasani

Mar 28, 2021
USA
I know this has been asked before but figured i'd ask again in case anyones picked up or heard of any new tips and tricks.

I'm interested in a tesla I saw on Vroom. Vroom as expected can't confirm whether or not the car has FSD or infotainment etc... They advised I call tesla which I did. First I tried the online chat then I called the local dealer. Both asked me for the VIN number and then told me they couldn't tell me anything. I cannot understand why Tesla is so secretive about this stuff

Anybody have any other ideas?

update, someone reddit suggested you just try a different rep, which I did and while they wouldn't tell me the status, they told me this particular car had returned to tesla's inventory before it went to Vroom which means by default FSD would have been removed.

I know tesla does this so when I initially called about the car, I asked him the history of the car and he told me it was purchased directly from the original owner and not from Tesla. Well...someone's not telling the truth

Do you have the VIN? If you run the VIN against this site, it might show you who has registered it in the past. If Tesla has acquired the vehicle and sold it at auction, then assume it has nothing (no free supercharging, no EAP and FSD, no premium connectivity).