Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3rd row seat— not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This happened a few weeks ago where one of the seats in the third row got stuck in the down position. I set up the service appointment.

Mobile service comes out and says that I’ll have to bring it in and they will replace the seat. Have to order the part so apportionment is set for two weeks out.

Bring the car in and told it will be fixed that day or the next. The following day, I’m told it’s taking longer and won’t be ready for a few more days (3, to be precise).

Supposed to pick it up today and told that it will be ready “tomorrow, or Thursday at the latest”. We are going out of town later in the week so I let them know.

An hour later, get a message that the car is ready for pick up…? I send a message and they say they have to order a part and I will have to bring it in again!?!

I’m so confused… why is this so hard?

• Informative
Reactions: rpo
Brought it back in (confirmed that the part was in beforehand) and they said they fixed it… when I showed up, it wasn’t fixed— turns out they didn’t replace the part so they kept it another day.

Finally replaced the third row and everything is working well.

I’m about to go through this repair next week. Noticed the issue yesterday, tried to search online for fixes, nothing so far has worked.

My hope is that it’s a wire that’s broken and replacing a cable will fix the issues.

curious….did you have to pay for this repair or was it covered under warranty? I understand paying for repairs when things happened from normal wear and tear but our car is 1.5 yrs old max with 20k miles on it.