Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Config/location?
He is from surprise AZ. Reserved - 3/31/2016 Online (As soon as it was available) Invited - 4/18/2018 Configured - 4/18/2018
VIN - 5/3/2018 142XX
Color/Options - Silver Metallic/Aero/LR/PUP

I just learned recently if you are browsing on the iPhone you can’t see their details or signature. But if you turn your phone sideways you can see all his location and signature details.

• Helpful
Reactions: UZJedi
Invited on 4/18
Configured on 4/27
No VIN yet..continuing to check 100 times a day.. if not more...

I was invited 4/10 but due to sorting some things out didn't configure until 4/25 and I'm just down the road. In order to avoid driving myself bonkers I have a "Check only once a day" rule. I'm telling myself I'll probably take delivery on 7/1 so as not to screw up the tax credit for those that follow. If it comes sooner so be it! :cool:

Buy a couple of shares and watch the stock, it's very distracting!

The summary chart shows a total of 8 VINs issued to 4/18 config, all of them sports wheels, no Aeros. So doesn’t yet reflect the other poster who received a VIN on an aero. I’m still waiting for a VIN, 3/31 online, config 4/18, red, aero. My sister is also 3/31 online, config 4/18, MSM, sport wheels, EAP, and she’s also still waiting on a VIN.

I'm in the same boat, ordered online pre-event. invited on the 18th. Blue, aero /w EAP. No VIN. I'm in NJ. My brother ordered in the store around 11am and was invited on the 4/6/18 and got vin on 5/2/18 with delivery just assigned on 5/28/18. Both of us are in the same North Jersey area.

I do agree that this game that they are playing is annoying. I wish they would just fill the orders in the order they were received. Instead of this very complicated game. I get that they need to stretch the 7.5k credit, it might be essential to Tesla's future because of the cash burn rate. They need to sell cars fast but without tripping the end of the tax credit for at least another quarter. Shipping cars to Canada does just that: creates a sale without adding to the total of cars sold in the US.

However it still feels rough waiting indefinitely while cars are produced and shipped out of the country in non sequential order.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
I understand flushing out some of the early April queue for WA but why in the heck are VINs being assigned to Canadians who configured barely a week ago for configurations that domestic people are still waiting for?
They are shipping everything the can to Canada so that the USA total sales stay under 200,000 until July 1st. That enables keeping the full $7500 USA tax credit through the end of the year.