Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4/18 Invites

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the bulk of the Tesla Model 3 updates (last 100 edits of the database) are 4/10 and 4/13 invites getting their VINs with a small trickle of 4/18s starting to post. We are probably about a week out. It is a bit of a bummer that 4/23, 4/25, and 4/26 Canada invites seem to be a priority over our 4/18s... But we are close folks!!! Canada is getting VINs in the 30xxx range. It will be interesting to see what range we will be assigned. What if @bgbolton gets a VIN of 16xxx?? LOL:D. I am actually amused by bg and his mini rants. Don't let others get you down. This is an exciting time. Hopefully you all got your home charger outlet installed!!!!

Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries

• Funny
Reactions: M3forME and TT97
I too am anxious to get my model 3 now that I have configured (invite 4/11 config 4/16, no VIN yet). I finally called last week and they said it takes 4-4.5 weeks before they assign me a person who will call me and arrange details. After searching through forums the past day, I can see where this may not happen and Tesla may wait until 3Q to deliver my car. I'm fine with that if it helps more people get the tax credit and helps Tesla be more profitable. I think Tesla is a great company that is of overall benefit to the world so if delaying me an extra 5 weeks helps them, I am okay waiting. It would be nice to get official word though. Perhaps they are waiting to see if they can sustain their 600+ per day and if so maybe their shutdown over Memorial Day weekend might add in AWD for Canada orders.

Welcome to the forum!
I'm with you, I wouldn't want by taking delivery before July to mess up the tax credit for so many others either. I think the simple explanation for Tesla remaining silent on the issue is they have to be. This isn't really hard if you think about how many detractors there are out there. Imagine the backlash if they publicly come out and say in an email "your delivery is being delayed to game the tax credit system". Or it could be construction is still slower than anticipated. Or they should have bought Elon a better couch! :D
I think the only communication we're going to get is our VIN when it's ready, later a contact from a delivery rep when our delivery date is close, and that's it. I've already posted a quote from the agreement twice so I won't again but that 3-6 weeks is only an estimate.

Looks like the bulk of the Tesla Model 3 updates (last 100 edits of the database) are 4/10 and 4/13 invites getting their VINs with a small trickle of 4/18s starting to post. We are probably about a week out. It is a bit of a bummer that 4/23, 4/25, and 4/26 Canada invites seem to be a priority over our 4/18s... But we are close folks!!! Canada is getting VINs in the 30xxx range. It will be interesting to see what range we will be assigned. What if @bgbolton gets a VIN of 16xxx?? LOL:D. I am actually amused by bg and his mini rants. Don't let others get you down. This is an exciting time. Hopefully you all got your home charger outlet installed!!!!

Tesla Model 3 Invites - All Entries
I didn't see many 4/18 invites getting their VIN in CA though except 1 or 2 from socal.

So Tesla takes our money says 3 to 6 weeks then will not deliver until 10 weeks at july 1? Our hive mind is fine with this? :rolleyes:

Will Tesla report this as profit on next earnings? :rolleyes:

Will Tesla pay back interest for this free loan we gave? If you got $3500 of ethereum on 4/18 instead you would be $1300 richer and no more closer to this car :D Except that maybe you can afford to skip the line again when they give dual motor cars first instead of us dalits ordering already a lower config!!

I dunno why our hive mind is fine with giving money to a megacorporation but receiving nothing. Church of Elon :cool:

Click on your profile and peep the number of Likes vs Dislikes you have received. Clearly you are in the minority here. Many people, including myself, are okay with giving Tesla an interest-free loan while we wait for our cars. We believe in the company and the mission.

I didn't see many 4/18 invites getting their VIN in CA though except 1 or 2 from socal.

I live in AZ and received my invite to configure on 4/18 AM and completed the order late that evening. Blue, EAP, Aero.
I received my VIN email notification on 5/14 AM. My ISA asked for insurance information and payment information on that same email. I replied immediately.
After completing the purchase agreement contract on 5/15 AM I was then scheduled for delivery on 5/25 within a few hours of signing the contract.
I would be surprised if they are really going to have a significant number of deliveries deferred until the next quarter (at least for the people that already configured in April).
Hope that everyone receives their good news soon!

Its strange how even here where there are at least rumors of what is going on, it seems like no one knows anything for the last few weeks, except cars are going to CA. I would really like to know whats up with the 19"sport wheels. Does anyone have ideas who is the supplier?

Click on your profile and peep the number of Likes vs Dislikes you have received. Clearly you are in the minority here. Many people, including myself, are okay with giving Tesla an interest-free loan while we wait for our cars. We believe in the company and the mission.

$1000 reservation in 2016 before seeing reveal is believing company mission. $2500 is now the time Tesla to deliver. If they want another loan they should ask not take the money and pretend.

bgbolton, will you please post pics when you take delivery, I want to publicly congratulate you on this forum.

Because right now, considering you have been uniformly negative for the last two weeks since joining this forum, I suspect you're a troll who never had a reservation to begin with.

Sure but to warn you at this production rate the heat death of the universe will come first.

• Disagree
Reactions: tpublic
Call me a whiner. But I configured on April 18, assuming that the 3-6 week delivery window was "reasonably" accurate. My existing car will be gone June 4 (6.5 weeks after configure). Okay, not great timing. But I have a 4,000 mile road trip planned at the end of June that cannot be rescheduled (some of the reservations at National Parks take 1+ years to get). That is 11 weeks after configuring! It is unacceptable to invite customers to spend $2500 (non refundable!) if intentionally planning on delaying their delivery by 5-6 weeks from the estimate.

It is unacceptable to invite customers to spend $2500 (non refundable!) if intentionally planning on delaying their delivery by 5-6 weeks from the estimate.

Agreed! Leaving a really sour note in my mouth right now. Not sure if I’ll want to do business in the future with Tesla, if my car gets delayed outside of the 3-6 week estimate.

Being in So Cal, the place where they touted that they will deliver first and fastest. I expected them to beat the 3-6 week delivery estimate.

They’re not new anymore. This isn’t 2012. Tesla should have gotten their crap together. It’s not hard to deliver a car after inviting ppl to configure. Otherwise dont invite!

Call me a whiner. But I configured on April 18, assuming that the 3-6 week delivery window was "reasonably" accurate. My existing car will be gone June 4 (6.5 weeks after configure). Okay, not great timing. But I have a 4,000 mile road trip planned at the end of June that cannot be rescheduled (some of the reservations at National Parks take 1+ years to get). That is 11 weeks after configuring! It is unacceptable to invite customers to spend $2500 (non refundable!) if intentionally planning on delaying their delivery by 5-6 weeks from the estimate.

I hope you get your Model 3 in time for your road trip. Part of me is curious as how the Model 3 will handle long road trips, part of me want to say you should rent a car to get all that miles on a rental instead of your brand new Tesla. If you do go on the road trip with the Model 3, please share with us your experience. Also it looks like the Model 3 can fit a twin bed, that can come in handy :)

2qpv3f7dvqu01.jpg

A 4000 mile road trip will include a lot of charging stops. I am sure that there are others, but check out EV Trip Planner. What is so cool about this website is that it was built by a 19 Year old "tech whiz kid".

Last edited:
A 4000 mile road trip will include a lot of charging stops. I am sure that there are others, but check out EV Trip Planner. What is so cool about this website is that it was built by a 19 Year old "tech whiz kid".

Oh yes, I'm very familiar with all of the EV trip planners :)
I used A Better Routeplanner extensively to plan the trip (Yellowstone->Yosemite->Sequoia->Grand Canyon->Arches) and every hotel I'm staying in has a destination charger as well.
I even watch supercharge.info to see what new superchargers are going up so I know them along the route.
I have been waiting for this trip for 2 years so I have a lot emotionally invested in it. If I cancel it, I'll have to make reservations all over again for 1-2 years for now :(

Oh yes, I'm very familiar with all of the EV trip planners :)
I used A Better Routeplanner extensively to plan the trip (Yellowstone->Yosemite->Sequoia->Grand Canyon->Arches) and every hotel I'm staying in has a destination charger as well.
I even watch supercharge.info to see what new superchargers are going up so I know them along the route.
I have been waiting for this trip for 2 years so I have a lot emotionally invested in it. If I cancel it, I'll have to make reservations all over again for 1-2 years for now :(
Here's some info I got from one of the folks on the Tesla customer care line couple of days ago over a 30 min conversation [in all of my earlier almost everyday calls, all I got was 'wait for you VIN' crap and no other useful info] - I'm in 4/10 invite batch, config 4/12 [19 Sport] from Seattle and we have sales tax exemption in WA that expires 5/31.

After all the crap I gave him about the messed up process and the need for transparency, he said it is currently taking them about 5-6 weeks for just building the vehicle from the time of config so asked me to just expect VIN by the end of 6 weeks, not accounting for delivery [about 2 weeks to Seattle]. My end of 6 weeks would be 5/24 and he said it does not look realistic that I'll get delivery before 5/31 [that would be 7 weeks from config]. So, I've given up any hope at this point. And he also said, just based on what he's looking at [though he doesn't have visibility into production process], majority of the current VIN assignment is for orders placed on 4/7 4/8.

Given that, there are also a huge number of 18' Aero orders from WA state who got VIN within 3 weeks of config [who are in 4/15 and 4/18] and are taking delivery well before the 6 week deadline which contradicts what he said. So, it just looks like you'll get it if you're lucky.
Hope you are one of these lucky ones so you can take it on your long awaited road trip. Good luck!!

• Informative
Reactions: SoCalDude
Looks like I got VIN 24687 via the HPWC trick. Checks with no longer being able to edit my config as of yesterday! They’re moving, just in stealth mode.

I'm jealous, I tried the trick but only my reservation number showed up... still waiting but i'm a 4/18 invite & 4/22 config so i expect that i won't have the car until sometime in June... On a side note, i was driving down interstate 880 southbound and saw a car carrier full of model 3's going northbound towards Oakland...have no idea where the ulitimate destination was but it could be someone on this forum (red, white, blue and black). I also noticed that the Therma parking lot next to the factory was full of model 3's and 4 car carriers being loaded up. I was too tired to stop and take photos but next time i'm near the factory i'll take some! Cheers!