Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

4 New 21" Tesla Custom Forged Staggered Matte Black Arachnid Wheels - SF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Up for sale is a set of brand new 21" Tesla custom forged staggered matte black Arachnid wheels. These one-of-a-kind wheels are not available for sale at Tesla store and only available as part of the previous referral program (new referral program only give out silver Arachnid wheels).

For those who wish to know more about the uniqueness of these wheels:
• These custom wheels are not sold in Tesla store.
• Wheels are 8.6 lbs lighter in front and 9.5 lbs in rear wheel for a total reduction of 36.2 lbs of unsprung weight compare to the 21" Turbine wheels, a $4500 upgrade option for new purchase, or $6000 when sold separately.
• Arachnid wheels are equipped in the Tesla that sets the record 0-60 time.
2017 Tesla Model S P100D First Test: A New Record - 0-60 MPH in 2.28 Seconds! - Motor Trend

Specification:
• 21″ Arachnid Wheel
•Size: 21 X 8.5″ front,21 X 9.0″ rear.
•Offset: +40 front, +40 rear
•PCD: 5X120
•Center Bore: 64.1mm
•Lug Nut Spec: 13/16 Hex, 14X1.50 Thread
•Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129 lb-ft.
•Weight: 26.5 lb front, 28.5 lb rear

Comes with color matching Tesla wheel caps.

Asking $5500, perfect upgrade option for the Tesla Model S with 19" or 21" wheels.

Local pick up in San Francisco Bay Area preferred.

Asking $5500.

Local pick up in San Francisco Bay Area preferred.

What tires are they? Because those prices you quoted include brand new tires. And based on your other ads it seems you're selling the tires and tpms separately. Just trying to clarify. Thanks.

Originally comes with PS2 tires but currently unmounted and sell separately.

Given 21" turbine wheel package is selling for $6k + tax at Tesla, and with tires cost around $1300 brings price for the much heavier and common 21" turbine wheels down to ~ $4700. With only $700 more (minus tax), it seems to be a reasonable price for a set of brand new unique forge Tesla wheels IMHO.

Please refers to original post for other part out items:
Feeler : 21" Tesla Custom Forged Matte Black Arachnid Wheels and Tires

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
Originally comes with PS2 tires but currently unmounted and sell separately. Asking $5500.

Given 21" turbine wheel package is selling for $6k + tax at Tesla, and with tires cost around $1300 brings price for the much heavier and common 21" turbine wheels down to ~ $4700. With only $700 more (minus tax), it seems to be a reasonable price for a set of brand new unique forge Tesla wheels IMHO.

Please refers to original post for other part out items:
Feeler : 21" Tesla Custom Forged Matte Black Arachnid Wheels and Tires

I am afraid you logic and math is flawed ... the last set of Arachnid wheels w/o tires sold for $3,500 :cool:
The complete set with wheels, tires and TPMS was $5500 ... 4 New OEM Tesla Forged Lightweight Arachnid Wheels & Michelin Tires for Model S | eBay

Reactions: Don TLR
I am afraid you logic and math is flawed ... the last set of Arachnid wheels w/o tires sold for $3,500 :cool:
The complete set with wheels, tires and TPMS was $5500 ... 4 New OEM Tesla Forged Lightweight Arachnid Wheels & Michelin Tires for Model S | eBay

I respect your opinion but have to disagree on it. As a long time active member, you should be well aware of the actual value of a set of brand new 21" forged wheels (not just Tesla Arachnid). For example, TST 21" forged are selling at $5500-$8000 at their web site, and 21" wheels from HRE, Forgiato, etc can cost even higher.

If I am in the same position I would probably educate the arachnid wheel owners how rare these wheels are and the market price of the forged wheels, rather than attempting using one unrealistically low transaction from an owner who is unaware of the actual value as a reference point, and lowball others. Unless there's some other motivation behind...

Knowing some arachnid wheels got sold for $3500 reminds me that some kids dump their dad's beloved air cool 911 garage queens dirt cheap just because it's from inheritance and it's 'an old car', which is a pity.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
The motivation is that most people got these rims "for free" so the impetus to sell them at or near market value is diminished. It's an open market with motivated sellers and more supply than demand == lower prices.

First off, thanks HankLloydRight for all the info shared about the arachnid wheels from the other thread, I believe that's one of the first thread about this and I learned a lot from it, especially the Model X fitment.

Good point, as I always wonder, how many of these arachnid wheels were delivered as of now and how many are there on the market? To be honest, I do not have a clear answer. I was, however, assured multiple times that is 'very rare' (especially the matte black ones), and from the Tesla service center I talked to, this is the only set received as of last week.

From what I see, only one set was available and sold at ebay (and that's not black), and maybe under 20 sets were offered in this forum (many are not black either), with a bunch of WTB posts as well, and quite a few of them were already sold. The sampling size with one and only one item from ebay and few sold items from forum is consider small to precisely determine the supply and demand IMO.

It'd be great if any experts or insiders can share some further production numbers here... again, no offense, just want to find out more that's it.

Last edited:
It's hard to gauge how many sets have been offered for sale or sold across all the different venues -- TMC, Ebay, Craigslist, Panjo, etc. I've sold a set without even posting about it because someone just asked me if I had them and he wanted to buy.

Also, keep in mind that the wheels from the first round have been delivered, but there's the entire second round of wheels being delivered this week, which will add that much more supply to the market.

If you feel that you can sell your set for more as parts than the whole package, I'd be happy to sell you my complete set of grey wheels+tires+TPMS for $5,500 and then you can bust them apart and sell the parts, if you believe the market and demand are higher than that. It's a win/win.

As time goes on, there will be more sets on the market since this current referral round is 3 referrals for a set of silver Arachnids. The black and grey will be more limited in my opinion and I'm glad I snatched up a grey set for a great price.

They are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. You just need one person willing to pay near or at your asking price.

I got my grey Arachnid set today from another TMC member and they are super light compared to my 21" Turbines. I pick them up tomorrow from the tire shop after they swap TPMS and I'll install them on Sunday.

It's hard to gauge how many sets have been offered for sale or sold across all the different venues -- TMC, Ebay, Craigslist, Panjo, etc. I've sold a set without even posting about it because someone just asked me if I had them and he wanted to buy.

Also, keep in mind that the wheels from the first round have been delivered, but there's the entire second round of wheels being delivered this week, which will add that much more supply to the market.

If you feel that you can sell your set for more as parts than the whole package, I'd be happy to sell you my complete set of grey wheels+tires+TPMS for $5,500 and then you can bust them apart and sell the parts, if you believe the market and demand are higher than that. It's a win/win.

Offering a seller to buy another set, you either have a good sense of humor or getting real despite on selling. Sorry I am not in the position of being a Tesla parts flipper (at least at this moment) and unlike yourself, I only have one set to sell and is not in rush at all.

As time goes on, there will be more sets on the market since this current referral round is 3 referrals for a set of silver Arachnids. The black and grey will be more limited in my opinion and I'm glad I snatched up a grey set for a great price.

They are worth as much as someone is willing to pay for them. You just need one person willing to pay near or at your asking price.

I got my grey Arachnid set today from another TMC member and they are super light compared to my 21" Turbines. I pick them up tomorrow from the tire shop after they swap TPMS and I'll install them on Sunday.

Congrats! I personally lifted both turbine and arachnid wheels (both without tires) at the facility and was very impressed by the weight saving from the forged wheels. The reduction of the sprung weight this much will definitely improves the overall handling.