Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

40A Corded Mobile Connector issues?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update.

Contacted charging support and told them the service center said they couldn’t help me since they don’t carry the CMC.

Since the CMC is perpetually out of stock and they can’t send a replacement, I took a shot in the dark and asked if they could send me a Wall Connector instead since that’s the only other charging solution they offer that is capable of 40 amps, or if not then could they refund me the cost of the CMC.

To my surprise they agreed to send me a wall connector as a replacement! So just waiting to get that wired up now.

I happen to use a Tesla Gen 2 High Power Wall Connector. I connected it to the 50-amp circuit (#6 wiring; 50-amp breaker), so it could do a maximum 40 continuous amps (just like the CMC). However, I have the car set charging at 32 amps maximum at home, so as to take strain off of the entire system. That is more than adequate to fully charge overnight. Might even be able to charge at 28- or 24-amps.