Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$45 MyQ Subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To revive this old thread, I did replace the Model Y (which had homelink installed) due to the FSD transfer offer, and signed up for a 1-year myQ subscription considering it would cost less for a few years (planning to keep the vehicle not more than 3-4 years) compared to a new homelink install.

However I found it very unresponsive when leaving, likely due to the WiFi to LTE switchover happening right when you want to use it. As well, most of the time the lights and beep delay before closing was still there. I called the support line and they gave me a pro-rated refund, which is great customer service.

I ordered a homelink module on eBay after figuring out it is fairly easy to install and configure, and saves a significant amount over the Tesla shop. In hindsight should have taken it out from the old Y...

BTW: I already had Tailwind installed so still use that to automate opening (and as a fallback for forgetting to close when leaving).