Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$465 dollar charge for a loss of tire pressure?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My beautiful spouse of 41 years made an appointment for her 2018 Tesla Model 3LR RWD to have a tire looked at for loss of tire pressure. (34,000 miles) The reservation app responded for the appointment estimate at $465 dollars! Hell, I'll just keep pumping it up every few days instead of paying that until we get to the point of replacing the tires.
Additional appointment item was a tire rotation, that came back at $65. I have had the tires rotated in my driveway via Tesla service up to this point for free. What the heck?! We'll keep the tire rotation appointment and see what I can get clarified as far as cost to have the tire inspected.
$465 dollars should buy me (2) tires!

I had a leak in one of the tires on my Model Y. I took it to Discount Tire and they repaired it for free, even though I didn’t buy the tires from them. I would definitely recommend that route, as Tesla will likely just try to sell you new tires even if it can be repaired.

Maybe I will when I get a new set of tires. I am just. Leary of tire shops that may not know how to properly lift a Tesla
That's a valid concern, when I first got my S back in 17, I used to carry the hockey pug jack adapters, but after a year, every discount tires shop I visited in my area has its own and knows how to jack up the car. Also, I like them being able to honor the tread life warranty in the shop, as mine are usually much shorter than the advertised life.

The Tesla price is just an estimate, something to cover an extreme repair cost and doesn't mean it would cost that much.
Upon inspection, a small nail was found in one of the tires. Unrepairable because of the location. Had to replace one tire and with tires rotation price came up to close to that amount. My other 3 original tires are very close to be needing replacement. I think I screwed up. Costco has Michelins on sale starting 12/28 at $150 a set of 4!

Upon inspection, a small nail was found in one of the tires. Unrepairable because of the location. Had to replace one tire and with tires rotation price came up to close to that amount. My other 3 original tires are very close to be needing replacement. I think I screwed up. Costco has Michelins on sale starting 12/28 at $150 a set of 4!
Yeah pretty sure you got that wrong or your story is a Bit inflated. At 150$ or $35 per tire they won’t be holding up a 4000lb Tesla.

Costco or America Tire would have been my choice. I've never found a good tire deal from any dealership. But I don't think the Michelins at Costco are the ones with the noise reducing foam inside them.
I'll probably just complete my purchase of the remaining 3 at Tesla. That way I can make sure they handle the replacement in the correct manner and if I have any beef I can go back to the Tesla Service Center. Keeps my life simple. I'll have to see if rotations in the future are included?

Upon inspection, a small nail was found in one of the tires. Unrepairable because of the location. Had to replace one tire and with tires rotation price came up to close to that amount. My other 3 original tires are very close to be needing replacement.

Wait, you took the car to a Tesla SC for a new tire, even though everyone told you not to do that?!
Any they hosed you for tire rotation even though 3 other tires are almost bold?
And you fell for it ?!?!?

I'll probably just complete my purchase of the remaining 3 at Tesla. That way I can make sure they handle the replacement in the correct manner and if I have any beef I can go back to the Tesla Service Center.

And you don't learn!

Keeps my life simple. I'll have to see if rotations in the future are included?

Hack no - why would they not take advantage of a sucker who refuses to learn!?

• Funny
Reactions: Cheburashka
Wait, you took the car to a Tesla SC for a new tire, even though everyone told you not to do that?!
Any they hosed you for tire rotation even though 3 other tires are almost bold?
And you fell for it ?!?!?

And you don't learn!

Hack no - why would they not take advantage of a sucker who refuses to learn!?
Darn, having a hard weekend coming up? I'm old and wise enough to know what logical path to take.

Pretty much any tire place in California will be able to replace tires on a Tesla. Many can also do alignment.

Prefer not to go to Costco, they are always in a rush and they take forever and they messed up the positioning on my wheel weights so they scraped the caliper. I only use Costco if the price is significantly better, but most legit tire places should match Costco pricing.