Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

5 days to decide between S and X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What did you decide Zybane?

Decided with a 90D MS. The major reasons for me: Model S is a very attractive sedan/fast-back vs the Model X's marginal cross-over looks, don't need 6-7 seats, the Model S has more practical storage capacity since the X's second row doesn't fold and the MS will be faster and have longer range with the same battery configuration.

Those are just my priorities of course and everyone else is different.

The main question is do you want a car now or a year from now? If you order the Model S you get it this year. If you reserve a Model X it will likely be another year until you get it.

If you don't need all the seating, there is little reason to wait for the Model X. If you have a steep driveway, get the air suspension option on the S and you'll be fine. With regard to amenities like ventilated seas, you will find this discussed ad nauseum in other threads but Model S is not a typical high end or luxury car. The price is in that range because you're paying for the EV aspect, not for a luxurious interior. It all depends on which is important to you. I'll take my Model S over a "luxurious" ICE any day.

I agree, go for the S and enjoy driving a Tesla ASAP....

(I see my post took too long as you already decided:biggrin:)

Congratulations!

Decided with a 90D MS. The major reasons for me: Model S is a very attractive sedan/fast-back vs the Model X's marginal cross-over looks, don't need 6-7 seats, the Model S has more practical storage capacity since the X's second row doesn't fold and the MS will be faster and have longer range with the same battery configuration.

Those are just my priorities of course and everyone else is different.

Do you have buyers remorse yet?

Just kidding, there is NO wrong answer when picking between 2 Teslas!

I just dropped my Signature MX reservation and committed a P90D MS. I left a small deposit for a future MX - maybe Tesla will refine it, making it really an SUV, not a Mini-Van.

I'm probably only a week or so behind you. I'm looking at 85D though. I might consider a MX deposit if/when the MX includes the newer AP cameras and dual chargers with at least 72A capability .

The main two things I'll miss:
- improved filtration
- higher form factor

In any case, I'll be happy to begin my Tesla adventures sooner. Maybe a merrier Christmas is on the horizon.

-

I've been agonizing over the same decision for some time now. I finally bit the bullet last night and ordered a Model S 90D, blue with grey Next Gen seats, all the options except back facing rear seats. Yesterday my wife and I went to the Tesla store in Vancouver (Canada) and had another look at the S. My main determinants for switching to the S were:

Range, for those long trips without Superchargers.
Space, with fold-flat second row seats in the S
Ease of entry - X would be better, but it is not a problem getting in the front, and there is usually just the two of us, plus the dog.

Regrets: No tow capacity, but I rarely tow anything anyway.