Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

50% Llumar IRX all around including windshield (no sunroof)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like it... what do you guys think?

Attachments

• 20210730_162000.jpg
    20210730_162000.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 1,279
  • 20210730_162009.jpg
    20210730_162009.jpg
    340.4 KB · Views: 474
Looks good. Let me know how that defrost function works when the windshield is iced over or you’re driving in the snow. I learned the hard way that your heater has to work overtime to keep enough heat there to keep a spot clear to see out of—which inadvertently roasts your passengers as it’s too much heat. I loved the tinted windshield (no more need for sunglasses) but that impact was embarrassing and annoying.

Reactions: xtrafoamylatte
Looks good. Let me know how that defrost function works when the windshield is iced over or you’re driving in the snow. I learned the hard way that your heater has to work overtime to keep enough heat there to keep a spot clear to see out of—which inadvertently roasts your passengers as it’s too much heat. I loved the tinted windshield (no more need for sunglasses) but that impact was embarrassing and annoying.
really? ice/snow had not entered my thoughts since I live in San Diego.

really? ice/snow had not entered my thoughts since I live in San Diego.
Depends if you frequent the snow. I go once per year to Tahoe and the tint I had (Stratos 70%) blocked the heat from transmitting so the wipers would cake up with snow and the windshield couldn’t stay defrosted unless I ran heat on max.

I don’t drive in those conditions enough but it only took once to realize how much it hindered my ability to drive. The other 98% of the year, the tinted windshield is the way to go.

Reactions: xtrafoamylatte