Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

650 mile road trip, CA to WA, didn't see one Tesla!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the Bay area, where I see several Teslas every time I drive. In the parking lot at work there are lots too.

We just drove up to southern Washington, a 650 mile trip, and I was curious and excited to see how many Teslas we would encounter on the journey. (We'll be buying a M3 in the next month or so, and I've been plotting routes on ABRP, including this one).

I saw not one single Tesla the entire time, whether on the freeway or at rest stops. Our current hotel has none in the parking lot either, despite having 2 Tesla destination chargers and 4 level 2 chargers.

I'm surprised, and looking forward to bucking the trend on this route soon!

I guess less people are taking long road trips than I expected, at least in this part of the world. Or is something else accounting for it?

I live in the Bay area, where I see several Teslas every time I drive. In the parking lot at work there are lots too.

We just drove up to southern Washington, a 650 mile trip, and I was curious and excited to see how many Teslas we would encounter on the journey. (We'll be buying a M3 in the next month or so, and I've been plotting routes on ABRP, including this one).

I saw not one single Tesla the entire time, whether on the freeway or at rest stops. Our current hotel has none in the parking lot either, despite having 2 Tesla destination chargers and 4 level 2 chargers.

I'm surprised, and looking forward to bucking the trend on this route soon!

I guess less people are taking long road trips than I expected, at least in this part of the world. Or is something else accounting for it?

Seems like a fluke. But I don’t think there would be any at rest stops because people stop at superchargers and eat and use the restroom near those.

Rest stops I get, although a call of nature defies schedules, especially with small children.

Even driving around up here, in Vancouver WA area, I've yet to see a single EV or PHEV.

Yeah that seems odd. I don’t see them every day living in Auburn, WA and driving between auburn and Tacoma periodically but I see them occasionally and I work in Seattle where I see at least one most days.

For some reason I have it in my mind that I don’t see that many Teslas normally. But today on a 5 miles drive I ended up driving behind a 3 and we passed an S going the opposite direction. And that kind of thing happens a lot. But somehow it still seems unusual. I need to retrain my NN I guess...