Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7-Seater second row fold-up seat is stuck

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In the 7-seater the second row has one seat (the one on the passenger side) that folds up and out of the way so the 3rd row is accessible when you unlock it with the button on its right shoulder. It can also move forward and backward with the hand lever under seat.

The hand lever still works for me but the right shoulder button does not unlock the seat to move up and out of the way. Anyone experience this before? Any tips on fixing it yourself?

In the 7-seater the second row has one seat (the one on the passenger side) that folds up and out of the way so the 3rd row is accessible when you unlock it with the button on its right shoulder. It can also move forward and backward with the hand lever under seat.

The hand lever still works for me but the right shoulder button does not unlock the seat to move up and out of the way. Anyone experience this before? Any tips on fixing it yourself?
Both of the seats on the second row should do that. Does the other seat function properly? I didn't have that issue exactly, but the middle seat back Hutton, the one that drops the back of the seat completely down in the middle, wasn't working, it wouldn't un lack. Techa mobile came and fixed it, can't recall what was done, wwhther it was disconnected wire or the motor for the latch. It was like that at delivery though.

Its kinda weird. If you use the button near the shoulder of the seat, it will fold and slide forward....BUT only if you do it quickly/right away. If you even wait about 4-5 seconds it will not slide forward anymore and instead just fold flat.

If you do it right you dont need to use the hand lever under the seat to access the 3rd row. The shoulder button can do both but only if you react quickly.

Did you ever manage to diagnose or fix the issue, mine is doing exactly the same?