Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 Seater with Reclining 2nd row?

Olle

Jul 17, 2013
Orlando, FL
In Tesla's video you can see that the 2nd row of Y 7 reclines. Someone who test sat a Y7 in Newport mall said that to their surprise 2nd row was not reclining.
If anyone can shed some light on this I would be very happy. ( Btw the main reason I ordered a Y is that my kids want reclining rear seat for road trips which we normally take in MS which has pretty upright fixed rear seats.)

RoBoRaT

Zero Farts Given!
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
In Tesla's video you can see that the 2nd row of Y 7 reclines. Someone who test sat a Y7 in Newport mall said that to their surprise 2nd row was not reclining.
If anyone can shed some light on this I would be very happy. ( Btw the main reason I ordered a Y is that my kids want reclining rear seat for road trips which we normally take in MS which has pretty upright fixed rear seats.)

No mention of reclining function on the 3rd row seats in this Tesla rear seats feature.

I higly doubt that those 3rd row seats can be reclined, just like in the Model X 3rd row seats.

laughMan

Dec 12, 2020
boston
i think the OP is talking about reclining function on 2nd row.
i am curious about the amount of reclining that the 2nd row can do in 7seater configuration.

Is it more or less than the 5seater?

RoBoRaT

Zero Farts Given!
Nov 22, 2018
NorthSoCal
i think the OP is talking about reclining function on 2nd row.
i am curious about the amount of reclining that the 2nd row can do in 7seater configuration.

Is it more or less than the 5seater?
Yup my bad, I got it all mixed-up.
Anyhow, the video show at time 1:03 that the 2ND row seats can reclined.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC