Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 Music Player Unusable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on 2017.50 and the "loading error" still persists for USB music.
This bug has been around for at least half a year. My car is in for annual service today, and I presently have a loaner MS with firmware version 2018.2 oeddd23 - I confirm that USB loading errors still occur with this newer version. As I've reported in the other long USB bugs thread, these loading errors only seem to occur with .m4a (AAC) music tracks, but not with MP3... not only that, they can also momentarily mute all in-car alert sounds (safety issue, anyone?...)

This bug has been around for at least half a year. My car is in for annual service today, and I presently have a loaner MS with firmware version 2018.2 oeddd23 - I confirm that USB loading errors still occur with this newer version. As I've reported in the other long USB bugs thread, these loading errors only seem to occur with .m4a (AAC) music tracks, but not with MP3... not only that, they can also momentarily mute all in-car alert sounds (safety issue, anyone?...)

ya it started around July/Aug. Think it was 17.76?

Exactly what I've experienced. Only on m4a files (everything else are flac- no issue). All other sounds are muted when the USB goes *glork*. Pain in the rump.