Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 Music Player Unusable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8.0 has been perfect for me. I guess one size doesn't fit all, but this size fits me :)
I like the map getting more screen space and don't find it too burdensome to tap once to bring back icons.
I love the new media interface, but then I don't use USB media.
Seems most people would be satisfied if Tesla just:
1. Made the icon auto-hide optional.
2. Fixed the USB scan slowness and lack of alphabet selection.

I just saw this thread - 2.x TPMS - file your complaint and lets get it recalled.

If people are saying the 8.0 media player is posing a safety issue why don't we all file a complaint to the NHTSA and force Tesla to do something about it instead of all the complaints sending to deaf ears?
LOL, I call to your attention every after-market head unit ever made.
If they've avoided the ire of the NHTSA I think Tesla is safe...
dr7q9w2ovpi1ne8mvze0.jpg

For those ready for a challenge taking on another of my long posts (a great time to break out a cool one before you dive in)... this time I offer an under-the-covers view of USB with 2.42.40... some things that were solved (yeah!), a few things that are different, and unfortunately some new warts for those wondering what's going on with certain track display and playback sequences, and only some albums seeming to have had their tracks merged if you access them the right -- or is that wrong -- way. ;)

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1812679/

For those ready for a challenge taking on another of my long posts (a great time to break out a cool one before you dive in)... this time I offer an under-the-covers view of USB with 2.42.40... some things that were solved (yeah!), a few things that are different, and unfortunately some new warts for those wondering what's going on with certain track display and playback sequences, and only some albums seeming to have had their tracks merged if you access them the right -- or is that wrong -- way. ;)

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/posts/1812679/
Confirming your results now. Check your pms

2.42.40 must have broke it for me.... my USB 256gb SSD has caught the bug! At first it reloaded every few days or so, now it seems to be constantly. Since it has 18,000 songs on it, it takes about 50 minutes to load - you guessed it: I almost never get to use it as it is always reloading. Also, my music comes on as I open the door. I don't think it was on while I was out of the car though.

I did take the time to re-boot the main screen first before I loaded it the first time.

Couldn't pin it down as to what might be causing it, so I tried using another brand/type of SS drive thinking that might be the cause - no joy! I guess I have to hope that 8.1 will fix it.

Any ideas?

I just find I hardly ever use the media now.

I'm not really one for complaining about this sort of thing and tend to just get used to the interface but ..

The auto-hiding top menu means I have to press additional buttons just to get to the media which with the interface delays I really dont like
The spotify is so heavily compressed that the SQ really is poor
The UHFS is not exactly stellar in the first place
the voice commands are flaky at best and you cant switch sources or at least not that I can make work eg "Select USB/Radio etc"
my USB stick - new + newly formatted Sandisk has to be unplugged every time and replugged back in to work

not a stellar experience really. I just have to hope Tesla continue to work on this and future updates will offer improvements.

Reactions: jgs
2.42.40 must have broke it for me.... my USB 256gb SSD has caught the bug! At first it reloaded every few days or so, now it seems to be constantly. Since it has 18,000 songs on it, it takes about 50 minutes to load - you guessed it: I almost never get to use it as it is always reloading. Also, my music comes on as I open the door. I don't think it was on while I was out of the car though.

I did take the time to re-boot the main screen first before I loaded it the first time.

Couldn't pin it down as to what might be causing it, so I tried using another brand/type of SS drive thinking that might be the cause - no joy! I guess I have to hope that 8.1 will fix it.

Any ideas?
Same issues here

Any ideas?

You could try a reset to default factory settings, annoying but it has helped with some of these issues for me.