Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 world wide next wendsday?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm afraid that some of us are enough un-special that it still may be a few weeks. Not worried. I just check the center screen when I get in, and if it's there, it will be installed that night. Can't hurry it, I guess. But I am looking forward to it, like everybody else.

I'm afraid that some of us are enough un-special that it still may be a few weeks. Not worried. I just check the center screen when I get in, and if it's there, it will be installed that night. Can't hurry it, I guess. But I am looking forward to it, like everybody else.

I'm planning to pump the geofence as soon as it's confirmed that 8.0 is in general release. We'll see what happens. :)

"Pump the geofence"?

Some of our forum tech experts/hackers have discovered that there's an interesting piece of code in the cars which automatically reaches out to Tesla's servers to ask for an update when the car is at one of the Tesla facilities - there's a list of the geocoded sites buried in the firmware 7.1 thread, and someone turned it in to a Google maps overlay.

In my case, the whole king of Prussia mall is one of the fenced areas, so I figured the day the software is released I'll go have dinner there and see if I can encourage the car to update itself.

Update 8.0 is available since early this (9/19) morning. Will wait until I hear other's experience downloading and using it first.
If there's a Forum for 8.0 experiences, kindly let me know.
I think you are incorrect. There are multiple threads on this. The latest update that people are reporting receiving over the past few days is a version of 7.1

There is no specific forum for 8.0.