Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

84 year old grandmother very disappointed...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
brilliance is great.

...but no substitute for experience.

As someone who has been kicking around for a few years I agree. But with Teslas being as much about AI and Machine Learning as anything else, most older engineers I run into don't get it or refuse to embrace AI/ML. And just because you have been cutting code for decades like me, does not mean a ML model cannot kick your butt on many really hard problems.

Lots of people just lurk and then join when they have a problem. Grandmother is irrelevant, a bunch of people have reported canceled end-of-year deliveries.
Yes sure...but he made is 84 year old grandmother (!!!!!!!!!!!) the center of his post.

yes I’m well aware that demand exceeded supply in the 4th quarter. Either that, or Tesla just felt like picking on old ladies

• Funny
Reactions: SMAlset
Makes me wonder why people are buying the last week of December.

Maybe because some of them ordered in September, October and November? And because California is sequenced for the last deliveries of the quarter. Yes, that is probably the reason.
In my case, I had no idea about the drama of ordering and receiving a Tesla. I ordered it December 02, 2019 and picked it up December 20, 2019 - with many drama points in between those dates. I just was not in the market until the last week of November, nor did I know how Tesla serviced sales. That is why I bought in the last part of December.