Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low BATT voltage system shutdown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was driving our MS 100D and had stopped at a roadside organic veg shop. She called and said she couldn't get into the car using the key fob and I reminded her to use the Tesla app. She managed to get into the car but received the low batt system shutdown message and was unable to get it into drive .

I was travelling and trying my best to help remotely. I contacted service through my app snd. did a system shutdown and reboot to no avail. I had thought it was most likely a 12V battery failure Teslas sent a tow truck and took it to the nearest Tesla service centre.
I received a message through the app indicating that the repair would take 30 days before the car was returned to me. I simply assumed that was a AI generated message and would get the car back within a week. 2 weeks later I received a note that the cat was ready for collection.

I drove to the service centre and the Tesla attendant asked if I had paid the amount owing on the app which was covered by warranty and no money was owed.
I asked if I could have a copy of the service report to which I was told it is in the app. I searched through the app and found no such information and the attendant could also not find any info through my app. He then informed me that the car had received a new main battery pack. I couldn't believe that a 2019 MS with 60k miles would be a candidate for a main battery replacement.

I'm assuming that they had replaced it with a refurbed pack and the attendant said that I just saved $25k on the replacement.
I was obviously pleased but very concerned that such a repair was needed at such a low mileage.

John

Reactions: DerbyDave