Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A better route planner is hopeless

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
H

hcdavis3

Can someone please help me plan a route from Wareham, MA to Bremmer Maine. I must be stupid, I can’t get ABRP to do anything. Thanks in advance.

Couldn't find Bremmer, ME (couldn't find it on google Earth either) but did find Bremen, ME in Lincoln County, near Agusta.

ABRP shows 4 hours, 17 minutes
Thanks very much ABRP won’t let me plan a route, enter a destination address or anything. Bad program.

This is what I get for a DM, starting at 90% SOC, 115% of speed limit. Lots of Superchargers enroute, but you can make it without charging.
Screenshot 2020-07-08 19.30.00.jpg

I've never liked ABRP. I use the vehicle GPS and it works perfectly as designed and calculates for driving and weather conditions.

Same here, once on the route. I use ABRP and a printed Atlas for my trip planning. The planning part is recreational for me. My first gas card, Esso, back in 1968 came with an Atlas. I wore that sucker out just day dreaming of all the road trips I wanted to take.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I'm jealous of all those chargers. I have a 240 mile stretch without any at all. Hoping tesla builds one in between soon.
To be fair, Maine only got more than a couple superchargers two years ago, which is when I finally decided getting a Tesla was a viable alternative to my Volt. People don't realize Maine is a big state. It takes 5+hrs/300+miles to go from South to North. It takes more than a couple superchargers to cover that.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I loved visiting Maine. I discovered it was the state I was most uniformed about. Lightly populated, big and with a large area of forest and wilderness. Supercharger coverage will be difficult due to the low density of population, in a very large area, outside of population centers.

Reactions: hcdavis3 and KenC