Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A/C and dogs barking...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was HOT. Got up to 95. Was charging the car in the garage and noticed that interior said it was 91. Via the app, I turned on climate control to cool it down to 78. As soon as I did that the dogs, inside the house started barking. They heard the noise and probably thought their Mom was coming home. Gives you an idea of how loud/quiet the car is when the A/C is turned on. However, it app reported it was 78 inside the car after only 5 minutes!

Yesterday was also toasty and I did have the dogs with me. Used dog mode most of the day. Worked really well but did help drain the battery. Not too badly, about 22% of the battery for 6+ hours of dog mode (set at 73) on a 93 degree day. They didn't bark while inside the Y. Incredible machine.

You left them for 6 hours inside the car? Good thing for Dog mode, but still, those poor pooches!

My dog loved the Dog mode with a/c blowing cool air on him on the back seat. I read that the a/c only blows in the back if there is weight on the seat but it looks like dog mode negates that requirement. The missus also loves the dog mode as she sits up front, waiting for me to run my errands. :D