TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A/C comes back on after car turned off and locked

Discussion in 'Model X' started by jabe99, Apr 30, 2018.

1. jabe99

jabe99 Member

I have now walked out to my garage three times to find the A/C in my car running. I left the car locked and everything off. Anyone have a suggestion as to what is causing this?

2. ShawnA

ShawnA Member

Hi Jabe99,

There is a setting under climate that allows or prevents climate from running when you leave the car.
    Look at the bottom of the picture.

There is also the over temperature setting which is probably not your problem here...

Climate.jpg

Shawn

Attached Files:

3. tpham07

tpham07 Active Member

If your car is charging and it is hot, the A/C will run to cool the battery. This happens to me all the time.

• Like x 3
  4. jabe99

jabe99 Member

Thanks. I should have mentioned that I am not charging when this happens. I did find a setting for smart preconditioning. The car learns your schedule and starts to air condition the car early. I turned that off. There is also a setting in case your car gets over 105 degrees. I turned that off too. I will see what happens.

5. Peteski

Peteski Active Member

I sometimes use this setting to keep the climate on when I'm stopped for a short time and want to keep the interior cool or warm. I noticed that if you do switch this setting to keep climate on when leaving the car, it automatically reverts back to the default "climate off on leaving" when you next enter the car (which makes sense). So I would doubt this is causing your issue as you would have to deliberately switch this setting to "on" every time you left the car in order for climate to remain on.

More likely to be smart preconditioning, over temperature protection or a fault!