Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A guy from Spain who USED to love TESLA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My love for Tesla Model S comes from 2013 when I saw one when I was in Melbourne. It was love at first sight; when I had money, I would like to have one. Ever since, I follow TESLA news
every single day, some days, even twice, hoping that one day I'll be able to buy an used one.

In september 2017, I decided to go for a CPO because I can't afford a new one and because of the fact that a new pop-up store was opened in Madrid just days ago. I wanted to test drive the car first since
I just saw the car in Australia and in Rotterdam, in one of the stores they have there. I'm sorry but I have to give names about the following things, since they are giving such
a bad reputation for the brand and that's not any good for a newcomer brand in Spain. Mr. DANIEL WU takes my name and my father's to schedule a test drive next week or in two weeks tops.
More than 2 weeks after, nobody have called or email me (and they had all the possible contacts I have, meaning phone number and email address), so I have to phone myself to see what
was happening. Mr. DANIEL WU says he's sorry for not calling me but he doesn't even get my phone number again (just in case he forgets or lose it); he says he'll call next week for
the test-drive.AGAIN: NOTHING. After another two weeks I call TESLA, a phone number from Spain which redirects you to their office in Holland; I speak to a woman named MARÍA
(she's in charge in Holland I bet and she speaks spanish). I tell her the problem and how dissapointed I am because of the
lack of professionalism in TESLA; I'm angry because of the situation but I treat her with absolute respect but bitterness even though she doesn't feel it that way;
she doesn't seem to feel like listening to my problem because she keeps asking me
things I've already told her, so I get angrier; it's like a concrete wall to run into; I just wanted a test drive and somebody who could tell me when that was going to be scheduled!!!!!!
It doesn't matter if it's going to be in one week
or after two months, but give me a date!!!! It's not SO DIFFICULT!!! The woman decides I'm not treating her with respect (absolutely false) and doesn't want to continue with the conversation.
I tell her I'll send an
email straight to TESLA USA telling them about my situation and magically, after less than 15 minutes, somebody in Madrid calls me and gives me a schedule for the test drive next week.
Ok, the test drive was fantastic and the girl who came along with me and my father was super-friendly, very well instructed about the car, so the test drive was marvellous for both me and my
father.
The decision was made and after that I decide to buy a MODEL S CPO. And I thought the previous things were just a tiny mistake! How wrong I was!!!!

I order a CPO from France, paying the 4000 € reservation fee on november 7th. They had told me (at Madrid's Pop-up store) that the delivery process took about a month and it was ok for me.
I told them to try to estimate a delivery date just to book the flight and everything else in advance (I work everyday as everyone and need to know when to take a day off to fly
and bring the car back to my country). A couple of weeks later nobody has called me from TESLA so AGAIN, I decide by myself to contact them in Madrid. After 2 weeks of the first payment,
now they say they have cars before mine that need to be prepared too and the car won't be ready in at least 3 WEEKS MORE!!!!! Whaaaaaat?
Do I have to call every time on my own to have any news? I don't work that way in my company and I bet that's not a good starting point to get and keep clients.
My disappointment is growing and growing but I decide to let it go AGAIN. But the hell is not over! After these 3 weeks nobody has called me either.
And AGAIN and I have to contact TESLA in Madrid to know what's going on with my car. I get an answer email after 3 days!!!!!! saying that the car won't be ready until January 2018!!!!!!
because the workshop in Burdeos is very busy at the moment

So the car is going to be "one year" older (speaking about how aged a car is) when I get it and I'm going to pay the same amount??????? With all this lack of professionalism? More than 1 month
late with delivery? Is that how TESLA wants to keep clients? Come on, it's a used car not a new one!!! Is the car so so damaged to need more than 2 months for delivery?

So now, I'm thinking about getting my 4000 € back (if they want to give it back to me) and wait for another occasion to have an electric car and wondering if I have made a wrong choice with
TESLA. Maybe I'm not so in love with the new NISSAN LEAF, but TESLA has disappointed me so much that I feel the same is going to happen when the car may have a problem, and I'm not
ready for another dissapointment.

I'm not the TESLA fan I used to be anymore!!!

Terrible expectation management! They should compensate you with at least a referral award in your loot box.

I ordered an inventory Model S, with 14 days expected delivery. Was kept in the dark the two weeks after ordering. Then they suddenly popped up, less than 48 hours before what happened to be the final delivery. Which was a great customer experience. It’s quite a dynamic company! They work hard. They appear generous to me.

Try to be a little patient. It’s certainly worth the experience driving your own S for the first time!

Last edited:
There has to be a lot of satisfied customers but definitely, not my case!!
I own a little company and if my client is going to suffer a delay, I call him every single time to tell him. In my opinion, it's better to say I'm sorry but your product will be available in one more month/one year than not saying anything. That is what makes me mad. TESLA is a big company that is almost "starting to know how to build and sell cars". I can understand that the MODEL S is not the best in quality yet(my father has a Mercedes S320 from 2004 and finishings are far better in the Mercedes), that the price is so so high because it includes a lot of research, that MODEL 3 is not been delivered like it was supposed because of the production troubles, that you have to deposit a fee for a CPO and in case you see it and don't like it, you may not get your deposit back(speaking about CPO's only) , and yet I loved the brand and model S. But you have to COMMUNICATE with your client; he's the only one who matters and he has to be happy; not keeping in touch with him is going to cost a lot to the company in the way of DISSATISFACTION and that's something a new company like Tesla can't afford. They are supposed to be changing the way people look at car companies and that's not my impression right now. During 2018 I'll be able to choose from several electric vehicles and since Tesla hasn't proved me anything different to other brands, my decision about being patient is still pending.

Terrible expectations management! They should compensate you with at least a referral award in your loot box.

I ordered an inventory Model S, with 14 days expected delivery. Was kept in the dark the two weeks after ordering. Then they suddenly popped up, less than 48 hours before what happened to be the final delivery. Which was a great customer experience. It’s quite a dynamic company! They work hard. They appear generous to me.

Try to be a little patient. It’s certainly worth the experience driving your own S for the first time!

I like to share again how Tesla is managing "my issue" so that anyone can jump to its own conclusions
I've been publishing in the last few days every detail of this "happy process" on the spanish Tesla forum, so I'm gonna be simplier here. In the last 5 days, I've been criticizing every detail of the test-drive and purchase of a CPO Tesla Model S.
It seems that a manager from Tesla Spain and Portugal, who seems to be reading things in the spanish forum, posted in that forum a response directed to me. He said he will contact me as soon as possible to solve the situation. So everyone can read his post and think Tesla's intention to contact the client and solve the problem is real, but reality is quite different. That guy hasn't called me or contacted me in any way (that was 3 days ago). The only person who has been in touch with me is the same salesman who helped me to buy the car from France, and the only "solution" he gives me is: "I'LL TRY TO KNOW WHERE YOUR CAR WILL BE READY". Great, so after 2 delays for the car to be ready, that's exactly the same answer than 3 weeks before. No extra-care of the situation, nothing.
I had heard Tesla treated very well their clients but that's I'm not feeling that care. But hey! he said thank you very much for such a detailed complaint of your case; it's gonna be very helpful for the company in the future. HAHAHAHA, a future that DOESN'T INCLUDE ME.

So I asked the salesman if I can get my deposit back because Tesla is not fulfilling the delivery date, but...... OOOPS, the delivery date doesn't appear anywhere in the contract, so they are entitled to deliver your car when...... basically when they want to. But, hey! the part where the say they don't give your money back appears twice in the contract, just in case you can miss it.

So I basically have just one option left. He told me in the beginning I could opt for other CPO just in case I didn't want/like the one I ordered. Well, ok, so I want to cancel the order of that car and let's try a different one. But wait! there aren't any CPO cars available in almost all the countries in Europe!!! they have all vanished starting november 23rd. Then, what can I do? I'm a prisoner now with that car if I don't want to lose my money.

Thank you Tesla for making the -happiness of buying a new car- experience a sad happening to really forget.

I would just sum this up by saying, for anyone who is looking at buying a Tesla, you should know that it's currently a disorganized company with gaps in internal and external communication. If you need certainty and reassurance to avoid getting upset, it's probably not the right company to purchase from. But their product is, for most people, worth putting up with those deficiencies.

What a crazy story. Since you were willing to fly to France to pick the car up yourself why did this take more than one day? In the US they could have built you a new one from scratch and had it delivered anywhere.
This company really is falling apart.
Perhaps you should consider buying on the private market rather than through Tesla? If you call the US HQ you might stand a better chance of getting your money back as well.

What a crazy story. Since you were willing to fly to France to pick the car up yourself why did this take more than one day? In the US they could have built you a new one from scratch and had it delivered anywhere.
This company really is falling apart.
Perhaps you should consider buying on the private market rather than through Tesla? If you call the US HQ you might stand a better chance of getting your money back as well.

I'm probably misunderstanding your message. I paid the deposit fee on November 5th because they said the car would be ready in about a month. After 2 delays (I had to contact them because otherwise they weren't informing me at all) the last news was that the car probably will be ready in January (it can be january 1st of 31st but they don't say when). But they already made the invoice with december 9th as its date. So, I'm not only not getting the car when it would be supposed, nobody is calling me from Tesla either to specify the exact delivery date and besides, I'm losing almost 2 months of the 8 years warranty!!! But the CEO from Spain likes to post in the spanish forum messages directed to me saying he would be in touch as soon as possible to solve the situation; 1 week waiting and no one calling. People read it and think that if anyone from Tesla says that, it's because they really want to solve it. Well, NOP!!!!!. In my opinion, marketing strategy, that's all.
I hope ELON MUSK can read my tweet because someone or someones in Tesla Spain/France is not doing a good job at all.

The car is not ready yet (it's a simple CPO which is supposed to be almost ready for delivery), and that's why I can't travel to France to get it.

Last edited: