Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A moment of solidarity for our CA brethren (HOV stickers)...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like someone else mentioned, I would PAY the premium to get plates vs these stickers.

I also have my sticker but have been driving with them in my glove box for the past 3 years. I've never had an issue but I think San Diego doesn't get enforced as much as LA. I see about half the people in the on-ramp HOV lane cheating and never a single cop around to enforce it.

196BC553-0DA8-4154-98E9-660237048A59.jpeg
RFID tag

Even though I used paint protection film when applying mine, its still a bit hard to remove. You end up triggering the anti theft in the sticker.
I had to remove my old white sticker to put on the new red one.
Sorry to reply to this old post, but i had a question specifically related to this. I’m buying a used 2015 or 2016 model S. If it had the white stickers on it before, does that mean that specific car can NEVER have HOV stickers on it again? So it’d essentially be a one time deal? Or can the old owner, or new owner for that matter, purchase or obtain the new red stickers? I’m still so confused about what California’s rules are

Sorry to reply to this old post, but i had a question specifically related to this. I’m buying a used 2015 or 2016 model S. If it had the white stickers on it before, does that mean that specific car can NEVER have HOV stickers on it again? So it’d essentially be a one time deal? Or can the old owner, or new owner for that matter, purchase or obtain the new red stickers? I’m still so confused about what California’s rules are

Correct. One time only.

Reactions: TapHabit

It depends when the previous owner applied for the white stickers.
If the owner applied for them before Jan 1, 2017 then no. After, then yes the car is eligible for new stickers.
Clean Air Vehicle Decals - High Occupancy Vehicle Lane Usage