Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any chance you can do this without giving up our tesla login credentials? I love the concept of the website, but would be hesitant to provide my login information.
GM eventually figured out a way to allow voltstats.net to provide a similar service without the need for customers to give out their GM login credentials. When you create an account on voltstats.net it bounces you over to a GM site where you login to your OnStar account and then the GM server returns you back to voltstats.net with a persistent token that voltstats can store and use to access limited driving log data. Originally voltstats.net required that you directly give them your full login credentials but I waited to join until they got the new limited access scheme in place.

I assume that myteslalogs.com could work out a similar scheme with Tesla if they both wanted to.

All,
The application pulls the data for your vehicle using the teslamotros.com credentials. This information is limited to the Charge status and odometer reading. When the charge status is charging the GPS location is also tracked so the user can name the location and define the electricity rate at that location. This data is deleted every day once the summarization process is executed to calculate the daily travel and charging cost.
Please vist the page on facebook to see more details and some screen shots of the application.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/myteslalogscom/170840433076343

The user can also delete all their information in this application, if they find the application of little value or can change the teslamotors.com if concerned about security to prevent any further collection of information by this application.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

All,
I would love not to store any personal information of the users teslamotors.com, however the current limitations on how one can access this information from teslamotors.com restricts me from doing any thing different.
My hope is that if enough people to really use this site and provide likes on the facebook page, that the folks at teslamotors.com will be motivated to have some thing like this integrated into their main portal itself.
I have waited almost 3 months since I have tried to reach to them to talk about this before making this public. Recently someone from Tesla did call me to check more about me and this application, they did promise to get back to me but never did, I tried to call them back but have not yet heard back from them.
Also to add more I noticed some folks from Tesla Motors of having accessed this site and have registered some test vehicle on the site.
Please vist this page on facebook for some screen shots...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/myteslalogscom/170840433076343

If interested mail [email protected] for a copy of a user guide for the app.

Thanks.

Took a leap of faith and signed up, but I agree with folks posting above, you need so sort of reassurance of security. If this is/was someone wanting to do ill will the data given would allow you to use our login info to use it with the iPhone/Android app and then find and unlock the car...so you're not likely to get as many people as stupid as me to sign up with that sort of risk.