Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A New P100D Ludicrous is now $15,000+ less than what I paid for my P85D Ludicrous!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

commasign

TeslaAdviceBlog.com
Aug 31, 2013
Davis, CA
Paid $135k for my P85D in 2014, plus $5000 for Ludicrious, $500 for LTE, and $1250 for Center Console = ~$142k. Now a P100D Ludicrious with AP/FSD is only $124k. Amazing how much Tesla has been able to drop the prices. Makes upgrading a little more tempting, but planning to keep the P85D unicorn until the extended warranty expires in 2022 at least.

it's called progress.
Nobody minds 10-15% in stages - indeed it is to be expected, but 30% drop overnight in UK/EU/AUS is reckless and tough to swallow.

Dependent on how much you use supercharging, I am being increasingly told that cars with free supercharging will hold their value well and all the more so as new cars become the bulk of the fleet meaning that those with free supercharging become a diminishing proportion.

Reactions: dblankenbaker
it's called progress.
Nobody minds 10-15% in stages - indeed it is to be expected, but 30% drop overnight in UK/EU/AUS is reckless and tough to swallow.

Dependent on how much you use supercharging, I am being increasingly told that cars with free supercharging will hold their value well and all the more so as new cars become the bulk of the fleet meaning that those with free supercharging become a diminishing proportion.

Most cars at this point don't have free supercharging that rolls over to the new owner.

Paid $135k for my P85D in 2014, plus $5000 for Ludicrious, $500 for LTE, and $1250 for Center Console = ~$142k. Now a P100D Ludicrious with AP/FSD is only $124k. Amazing how much Tesla has been able to drop the prices. Makes upgrading a little more tempting, but planning to keep the P85D unicorn until the extended warranty expires in 2022 at least.
Smart to run through warranty (unless you want to make a private sale). Why change if you are enjoying it anyways. Fascinating to see how this has played out - I'm sure some early 2019 buyers are not feeling as great about the recent price drops, you've had great value for the years enjoying it!

No free supercharging and no plus suspension in the new ones. :)

Most cars at this point don't have free supercharging that rolls over to the new owner.
It is not "most." It is ALL new tesla does not come with free supercharging. IMO tesla just detached it out of the cost of the model S. Those $10-$20K cost is what it would cost Tesla to provide free unlimited supercharging if the user uses solely supercharging to fill up their cars over the life of the car. I am not just talking about electricity cost but also the cost of supercharging space, maintenance, and expansions. And maybe other cost I did not list here.

It is not "most." It is ALL new tesla does not come with free supercharging. IMO tesla just detached it out of the cost of the model S. Those $10-$20K cost is what it would cost Tesla to provide free unlimited supercharging if the user uses solely supercharging to fill up their cars over the life of the car. I am not just talking about electricity cost but also the cost of supercharging space, maintenance, and expansions. And maybe other cost I did not list here.

Reread the context of my post.

Reactions: JohnnyG