Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A pamphlet to give to those with questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

A while back, maybe a few years, someone posted a handout that they had made that they gave to people who stopped them and asked questions about their car. I am wondering if anyone still has it? Or can point me to it? Thank you.

handing out a pamphlet when somebody asks you about your car seems like a good way to come across as a pretentious tesla owner.

Perhaps. But as a DeLorean owner, I can tell you that we frequently get accosted in public and bombarded with questions like:
  • Is that a Fiero? No.
  • Is that a kit car? No.
  • Is that Aluminum? No.
  • Is that Stainless Steel? Yes!
  • Does it rust? Ummm, it's Stainless Steel.
  • What happened to the paint? Ummmm....
  • Can I drive it? Ummm, no.
  • It was made by GM. No it wasn't, but John DeLorean formerly worked at GM.
  • It was made by Ford. No, it was made by DMC in Northern Ireland.
  • I don't believe you. Umm, ok?
  • How do you tell them apart? I'd start with the license plate.
  • Does it travel through time? Yes, but only forward and at 1x
  • Is there coke in the trunk? No there is not, officer.
  • "Hey Marty, where's the flux reactor" Hilarious! I've not heard that joke since next week!

I expect the CyberTruck to elicit a similar level of stupidity. I'm kinda looking forward to it actually.

(Hey Elon, Sentry Mode needs audio recording for maximum lulz)

Agreed that a pamphlet would come across as extremely pretentious. If I ever went up to a cool car to talk to the owner and they gave me a pamphlet I would probably roll my eyes and leave. It reeks of self importance and also probably highlights the fact you haven’t been laid in a while...

It’s not a good look for Tesla owners.... or any car owners.

Only acceptable use of pamphlets may be at a car show, but even then, still questionable.

Pamphlets are mostly suited to the fanny pack wearing corvette owner crowd. (I still love corvettes, but you know what I mean)

My best advice is to answer their questions and pretend they have valid questions. This implies mutual respect and makes people walk away with a positive impression.

Last edited:
My best advice is to answer their questions and pretend they have valid questions.

You're not wrong. And that was fine the first two or three hundred times it happened, but then it started to become a chore. It's commonplace to hang a "fact-sheet" when a car is on display, but hand-outs are silly.

I will happily engage with friendly and courteous people at length. Rude and obnoxious people get the pamphlet. Which is a way of saying "Bless your heart!" Which is southern-speak for "gtfo and gfy tyvm".

While I agree that you should talk to someone that walks up or asked you and handing them a pamphlet would be pompous. However the OP is referring to a thread that some did. They made a pamphlet to give out or maybe pickup at a car show while they were talking to people. Something like "great talking to you and hope I answered all your questions. Here is a pamphlet that contains info I may have overlooked."

I've had people come up to me and ask questions and I don't think any of them would have been offended to receive a pamphlet (if handed over in a relaxed, friendly way). Might be worth it for folks who drive in areas where Teslas are rare, so they get a lot of the same basic questions over and over.

D07D73FC-CA6B-47F8-A97A-55C16797ABD9.jpeg

I got plastered with questionsin parking lots and gave tons of quick rides until the virus days hit. About 3rd day I owned the car I had staples cook up 500 of these cards for $19. Much easier than giving out a pamphlet as can carry in wallet :). The people at staples will do all the text placement for you...just took a picture of the car with my iPhone before going to the store.

Reactions: CyberGus