Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Positive Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was a very early adopter of online automotive forums (1992). Perhaps I’m suffering from some sort of selective positive memory bias, but I’d swear the ratio of positive to negative content was somewhere around 10:1 back then. Since that time there appears to have been a long, slow reversal to the point where I’d guesstimate that negative posts are at least as frequent as positive. Perhaps approaching 2:1 negative in some online forums?

Maybe TMC (and other forums) should add a “positive” section to the forum where non-positive posts are deleted.

Even critique can be presented in a positive light... “here’s what happened, here’s a suggested way to fix the issue.”

Just my positive $0.02.

Reactions: Jaciee and Alset4S
Great shots and I'm partial to the color too! As an owner of a silver S, I'll never understand why they did away with silver. IMO it's one of the prettiest colors the S came in. I get looks from other S owners. :)
I'm kind of partial to silver also

:D

20190728_151210.jpg

Everytime I consider getting a newer S I'm torn because the silver with dark rims looks amazing compared to other color options, imo. Although I do like pearl white with silver rims but I haven't found the right combo yet. Also my wife doesn't want to get rid of our current S. She does however want a model 3 in white with white interior.

Reviving this thread because I need to hear more good in this forum. I’m super happy with Sparrow! She keeps me warm in the winter, safe on the roads and entertained when not driving. No other vehicle I have driven has come close to Sparrow. Maintenance is practically non existent which I love! I’ve experienced Tesla Mobile Service mainly to install upgrades and they are awesome people! I only experienced Tesla Service once to replace a fan, headlights and fix the yellow border on my main touch screen. I asked them if they could fix some rattles that appeared and if they could see about fixing the yellow border around the Instrument cluster. They said they would fix all the rattles. They asked me if I would like to be the first one to receive their own fabricated UV treatment for the instrument cluster. I said yes I would and they lent me a Model S P85D pre-facelift and got to work. My service adviser would text me updates and questions everyday making it easy to get things done. 3 days later, my service advisor said Sparrow would be ready for pickup around noon. I decided to arrive around 10 because I wanted to spend extra time there. I’m glad I did! I met my service advisor and he asked since I was there early if I would be willing to drive Sparrow around with a service technician to make sure they fixed all the rattles. I agreed and found one last rattle to fix. The technician was awesome and I got to talk to him a little. He told me he really loved his job and that working at Tesla was awesome! We got back and the Technician immediately worked on fixing the rattle. While he was fixing it, one of the Tesla Sales Floor guys recognized me from when I picked up Sparrow for the first time. He and I talked for a bit. A little later, he asked me if I would like to talk to some people about my Model S as an owner. I agreed and I went out to the sales floor and talked to potential owners about my Model S and my experience with Tesla. It was really fun! My excitement was contagious and I got everyone excited :). When it came time to leave, my service advisor thanked me for my abundance of patience as they made sure they fixed everything. I thanked him and the technician for working so hard to fix everything! 6 hours later, I arrived home. Everything was fixed! The rattles were all gone. The headlights and fan were replaced. The yellow borders on the instrument cluster and touchscreen display were all gone. I felt like I was driving Sparrow home for the first time again she felt so new. Needless to say, I’m very happy with Tesla and Sparrow :)

Definitely a long post. I hope anyone reading this feels a little more positive in the brain as long as you didn’t fall asleep while reading this :p.

Which car do you own @Jaciee ? Add it in your signature line so we can see Sparrow. :)

It goes to show the human factor. If you approach others with a pleasant approach they are usually pleasant and a little more forgiving than they might be otherwise in return. Every service experience I have had has been awesome as well. There have not been many in the last two years though.

Reactions: PWlakewood and Ken7
Reviving this thread because I need to hear more good in this forum. I’m super happy with Sparrow! She keeps me warm in the winter, safe on the roads and entertained when not driving. No other vehicle I have driven has come close to Sparrow. Maintenance is practically non existent which I love! I’ve experienced Tesla Mobile Service mainly to install upgrades and they are awesome people! I only experienced Tesla Service once to replace a fan, headlights and fix the yellow border on my main touch screen. I asked them if they could fix some rattles that appeared and if they could see about fixing the yellow border around the Instrument cluster. They said they would fix all the rattles. They asked me if I would like to be the first one to receive their own fabricated UV treatment for the instrument cluster. I said yes I would and they lent me a Model S P85D pre-facelift and got to work. My service adviser would text me updates and questions everyday making it easy to get things done. 3 days later, my service advisor said Sparrow would be ready for pickup around noon. I decided to arrive around 10 because I wanted to spend extra time there. I’m glad I did! I met my service advisor and he asked since I was there early if I would be willing to drive Sparrow around with a service technician to make sure they fixed all the rattles. I agreed and found one last rattle to fix. The technician was awesome and I got to talk to him a little. He told me he really loved his job and that working at Tesla was awesome! We got back and the Technician immediately worked on fixing the rattle. While he was fixing it, one of the Tesla Sales Floor guys recognized me from when I picked up Sparrow for the first time. He and I talked for a bit. A little later, he asked me if I would like to talk to some people about my Model S as an owner. I agreed and I went out to the sales floor and talked to potential owners about my Model S and my experience with Tesla. It was really fun! My excitement was contagious and I got everyone excited :). When it came time to leave, my service advisor thanked me for my abundance of patience as they made sure they fixed everything. I thanked him and the technician for working so hard to fix everything! 6 hours later, I arrived home. Everything was fixed! The rattles were all gone. The headlights and fan were replaced. The yellow borders on the instrument cluster and touchscreen display were all gone. I felt like I was driving Sparrow home for the first time again she felt so new. Needless to say, I’m very happy with Tesla and Sparrow :)

Definitely a long post. I hope anyone reading this feels a little more positive in the brain as long as you didn’t fall asleep while reading this :p.

Wonderful story, well-told! Glad you had such a positive experience.

Reactions: Jaciee
Which car do you own @Jaciee ? Add it in your signature line so we can see Sparrow. :)

It goes to show the human factor. If you approach others with a pleasant approach they are usually pleasant and a little more forgiving than they might be otherwise in return. Every service experience I have had has been awesome as well. There have not been many in the last two years though.
My signature has been updated :). I totally agree that being pleasant definitely helps make others more pleasant to work with.