Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A Salute to Beti Ward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Papafox

Supporting Member
Jan 12, 2013
Hawaii
Referral Code
I saw in the Star-Advertiser today that Beti Ward recently passed away. She was a Hawaii Tesla Model S owner who was really a remarkable person. She started Pacific Air Cargo because she saw a need for such a service and the company became a profitable enterprise. In 2008 when Aloha Airlines went out of business, Beti's Pacific Air Cargo picked up the contract service portion of the business and helped 600 people remain employed.

When Iceman and I wanted to get the 50 State Model S back to Hawaii after our 2015 mainland tour, someone in TMC gave me a PM and suggested I check with Pacific Air Cargo. I offered what was then a very low amount of money (still over 2K, though) for flying my Tesla back to Hawaii on their 747, space available. The agent said she'd forward the request to the owner (Beti) but she didn't expect success at such a low offer since at the time the company was charging something like 8K to fly Ferraris and Lamborghinis over the pond. To everyone's amazement, she accepted the offer, we moved forward, and my iphone showed the 50-State Tesla sitting on the tarmac at HNL on my birthday. How's that for a present? The more affordable rates were available to everyone when I flew the blue Model S back to the mainland for the 2017 tour.

Except for Elon Musk, it's hard for me to think of too many other people who set out to do good for others and end up creating such a successful business in the process. We were lucky to call her one of us.

I saw in the Star-Advertiser today that Beti Ward recently passed away. She was a Hawaii Tesla Model S owner who was really a remarkable person. She started Pacific Air Cargo because she saw a need for such a service and the company became a profitable enterprise. In 2008 when Aloha Airlines went out of business, Beti's Pacific Air Cargo picked up the contract service portion of the business and helped 600 people remain employed.

When Iceman and I wanted to get the 50 State Model S back to Hawaii after our 2015 mainland tour, someone in TMC gave me a PM and suggested I check with Pacific Air Cargo. I offered what was then a very low amount of money (still over 2K, though) for flying my Tesla back to Hawaii on their 747, space available. The agent said she'd forward the request to the owner (Beti) but she didn't expect success at such a low offer since at the time the company was charging something like 8K to fly Ferraris and Lamborghinis over the pond. To everyone's amazement, she accepted the offer, we moved forward, and my iphone showed the 50-State Tesla sitting on the tarmac at HNL on my birthday. How's that for a present? The more affordable rates were available to everyone when I flew the blue Model S back to the mainland for the 2017 tour.

Except for Elon Musk, it's hard for me to think of too many other people who set out to do good for others and end up creating such a successful business in the process. We were lucky to call her one of us.

Wow. Great story. She sounds like she was an awesome person for alot more reasons then just having a Tesla ;). Thanks for sharing.

Here's the link to the article: Beti Ward, founder of Pacific Air Cargo

Wow. Great story. She sounds like she was an awesome person for alot more reasons then just having a Tesla ;). Thanks for sharing.

Here's the link to the article: Beti Ward, founder of Pacific Air Cargo

I met her in person once when we were both being interviewed for airline stories by Howard Dicus. She was most pleasant and also quite smart in the ways of aviation business.

Reactions: nanimac