Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

A small delivery issue yesterday, but at least the car is perfect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my Y yesterday and I thought that I would share a few issues that I had.

First off, the car is perfect, no panel or paint issues. VIN is 640X and is a non-P, white with black interior, FSD, 19" Gemini's, AWD reserved on 3/19/2019.

I made the final payment on Thursday morning for pickup at the Dublin, CA Service Center the next day. I had to wait until one hour before pickup (I was getting quite anxious) before I was able to click "Accept Delivery" in my account. Only then did the car show show up on my app and only after I had to log off and log on the app. You need to use the app to unlock the car so it's rather important.

Apparently a final payment does not automatically trigger the "Accept Delivery" button being available in the account. Several times my rep said that they had to do something (their words, not mine). My advice is to pay for the car several days before your pickup date.

The instructions on what to do with the paperwork was confusing. We were initially told (via an email) to leave it in a dropbox at the Service Center (our rep even sent us a pic of the dropbox), The guys at the Service Center told us that there was no dropbox and to drop it into any FedEx box, but our rep called and pointed out that the FedEx envelope had no addressee so it would get lost. Finally, the Service Center guys accepted the package.

I hope that you're as happy with the car as I am!

Cliff

I will likely pick up from Dublin as well. Was there any thing else you can share about the experience there? Was there a bunch of people picking up?

I also agree it’s weird you had to pay and accept delivery before you even saw the car. Was the car completely paid off or financed?

I guess I really meant what if I click Accept Delivery ahead of the time but find the car unacceptable when I get there. I’m wondering if accepting ahead of time is standard practice for Tesla. I’m picking up at the Fremont center today.

Like Robocheme, we picked up a white FSD, dual engine, 19" wheels, black interior yesterday with contactless delivery. We picked ours up at the Fremont factory. I had some concerns as some of you have mentioned about accepting delivery before I'd seen the car. So we waited to accept delivery until we had arrived at the factory and could at least inspect the outside of the car. We accepted delivery and then had to log out and back in for the car to show up in our app along with our current Model 3. We did pay Tuesday via ACH before we actually had our appointment date set in stone. It feels funny, but it worked fine last time, so we just went on faith. Ours had no physical issues and we are very thrilled with the car. I haven't done the paper work yet. Our instructions were to drop it at a Fed Ex location within 24 hours. There is an address on the envelope. Overall, good experience, filled with uncertainty, but it all worked. Can't wait to really drive the car today.

Reactions: DavidAsheville
Like Robocheme, we picked up a white FSD, dual engine, 19" wheels, black interior yesterday with contactless delivery. We picked ours up at the Fremont factory. I had some concerns as some of you have mentioned about accepting delivery before I'd seen the car. So we waited to accept delivery until we had arrived at the factory and could at least inspect the outside of the car. We accepted delivery and then had to log out and back in for the car to show up in our app along with our current Model 3. We did pay Tuesday via ACH before we actually had our appointment date set in stone. It feels funny, but it worked fine last time, so we just went on faith. Ours had no physical issues and we are very thrilled with the car. I haven't done the paper work yet. Our instructions were to drop it at a Fed Ex location within 24 hours. There is an address on the envelope. Overall, good experience, filled with uncertainty, but it all worked. Can't wait to really drive the car today.

Glad to hear of no issues picking up at the factory. How did you know which car was yours? Do you look at every single VIN? I assume without prior acceptance of delivery, you can't make the car flash its lights from the phone.

I will likely pick up from Dublin as well. Was there any thing else you can share about the experience there? Was there a bunch of people picking up?

I also agree it’s weird you had to pay and accept delivery before you even saw the car. Was the car completely paid off or financed?

They had an outside awning set up with a table where two or three people were working. It seems like I was the only one picking up, but there were some other customers, but I don't know what they were doing.

The issue with the FedEx envelope was the only "issue"

BTW, they do fill it up with electrons