TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

A tube of some sorts on my dash..was afraid to pull it off.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by KenR, May 4, 2018.

1. KenR

KenR Member

What is this...is this supposed to be here? It's a tube and I was afraid to pull on it and see if it comes off. tube.jpg

Ken

2. BioSehnsucht

BioSehnsucht Model 3 LR

I'd guess it's for washer fluid, and that it might not be installed properly if you can see it (which might lead to it failing eventually).. Have the service center check it out. Probably an easy fix, just needs to be taken off and put back on so that it's routed correctly

3. eSpiritIV

eSpiritIV Member

definately the wiper sprayer, which is sprayed from the blades. If you think it looks installed wrong, no problem in going to service center to check out.

4. Zaphod

Zaphod Galaxy President (former)

Washer fluid tube. The spray comes out of nozzle in the wiper arm

5. KenR

KenR Member

I figured that is what it was...just odd that it lays loose on the windshield. I'll just take it in next time and ask them. OR stop by and see the 3's in the lot and see if they all look the same. Too bad no one who has one is seeing this and can compare, save me a trip out there.

• Helpful x 1
  6. redhooker

redhooker Member

It is the same on mine. Goes up higher in on the passenger side wiper (like yours) than the driver's side.

7. KenR

KenR Member

Thanks... let me know if you get to a service center what they said.

8. Msjulie

Msjulie Active Member

My read is it's fine; imagine the wiper arm moving up, there needs to be a little slack in the water line since Tesla put the jet there vs on the hood/at the base of the hood like many cars

• Informative x 1