Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to order a Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have one of each, Jorge. To me, the performance transforms the car... more than just 0-60, it enhances power everywhere. However that comes at the price of range. LR with aero wheels will have much better economy/range, and is plenty fast.

So, if you just love performance, have the extra money, and seldom need more than 200 miles in a day, go performance. If you do a lot of distance driving or aren’t that big on ultra high performance, stick with LR.

This is spot on!

I
Thanks for all the answers! I have my mind set on the Long Range (car is to be shared with my wife). The ONLY extra I am missing is a heads-up display. How come there is not an add-on manufacturer yet?
M3 is still a very new model. We barely have floor mats, lol. But vendors are spitting out new stuff fairly regularly. It’ll come, but with EAP I find heads up isn’t really needed since I’m just monitoring Lucy’s driving.

There was a video recently on youtube that showed the 18 inch wheel P3D actually does as well or even better in terms of efficiency than the LR, makes sense as it is lower to the ground. The 20 inch wheels killed the efficiency though. Even the P3D beat the Bolt, so any Model 3 is more efficient than most other electric cars.

In practice it's all down to the topography, wind, and your right foot (discounting tire tread, heaters, lights, A/C, etc) . On flat open roads I can achieve very very low consumption, but what fun is to hypermile a 450hp car?

Deliveries of Model 3 are about to begin/have begun in Portugal. One quick question for the TeslaRati: We have two engine/battery(?) options: Long Range and Performance. The Performance cost 10000 Euro extra. Is it worth 10mph (17kph) and 1.3s less fron 0-60mph? Inquiring Minds... Thanks for your comments!

We have a LR and a Performance, both are smashing good cars. I think the LR is fast enough that you're not going to miss the extra thrust of the P3D unless that is your thing. I bought the Performance when it was still available with the 18" Aero wheels so the range hit is pretty small, about 30 miles, but I do appreciate the higher efficiency/longer range of the LR. I would have bought another LR if the P3D were not available with the 18" wheels.

You can't go wrong with either but only you can decide if the Performance is worth $10K more to you.

Reactions: JorgeJ