Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after much thought I am about to order a M3 LR. I was going to hold off because the lease on my current car doesn't end until December, however if I ride it out I will go over on miles (not desirable). I was able to get qualified for financing that includes 3 months deferred payments, so my goal is to take the M3 delivery in Sept and use the 3 months deferred while I pay the last 3 months of current lease (avoiding double payments).

My only concern now is that I am near certain Tesla will offer some kind of promos to move cars as it gets close to the end of the fiscal year. The sales advisor at my Tesla Store are saying I can still place the vehicle order now, set whatever delivery date I want, and I would get whatever promos they may have at that time. Does this make sense to anyone with experience? Am I asking for trouble if I go that route? I also think there might be some good deals on inventory cars closer to end of FY, but sales person said if I found one I liked better then the car I ordered I could cancel and only lose the $100. Does this seem right as well?

Thanks for replies.

If you order now, you will have the ability to capture any price reductions, but may not get incentives for quarter close.
What you may want to do is set a time like October or December for delivery, and check with the sales advisor when they get close to quarter close to accept delivery earlier, begrudgingly :). Tesla is quarter oriented, and the incentives are more available when you get close to 9/30.

I was able to get incentives when I took delivery on my LR AWD in 9/2019. At the time they offered paint/wheel upgrades and free supercharging for 2 years. I got the exact car I wanted and the supercharging. No way to know if it will happen again. You have a lease until December, so I'd wait to commit and keep close to what's going on. Don't trust your SA to save you. Seems like corporate approves any exceptions.

I take it you'll have at home L2 charging? That's a big part of the Tesla experience.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
So after much thought I am about to order a M3 LR. I was going to hold off because the lease on my current car doesn't end until December, however if I ride it out I will go over on miles (not desirable). I was able to get qualified for financing that includes 3 months deferred payments, so my goal is to take the M3 delivery in Sept and use the 3 months deferred while I pay the last 3 months of current lease (avoiding double payments).

My only concern now is that I am near certain Tesla will offer some kind of promos to move cars as it gets close to the end of the fiscal year. The sales advisor at my Tesla Store are saying I can still place the vehicle order now, set whatever delivery date I want, and I would get whatever promos they may have at that time. Does this make sense to anyone with experience? Am I asking for trouble if I go that route? I also think there might be some good deals on inventory cars closer to end of FY, but sales person said if I found one I liked better then the car I ordered I could cancel and only lose the $100. Does this seem right as well?

Thanks for replies.
Curious what financial firm is offering 3 months deferred payment? I’m in a similar situation, coming off a lease in December.