Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About to purchase a used 2015 P90d from Tesla, take a look

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think it's great value but if you like the car and especially given condition can be a crap shoot, go for it.

There seems to be a glut of P90Ds right now and I would expect a push to get many sold before the end of the year/quarter. I would generally target low $60s if I was on the hunt for one.

The procedures in place by Tesla are not the best in my opinion.
I will have to give $2,500 deposit on the car without a chance to see it in person or drive it. Since it is used certain problems they will not address.
If I don’t like it they can transfer to another car but that locks you in.

Thinking about buying this one for $69,700 with 20k miles from Tesla.
New & Used Electric Cars | Tesla
Has all options except for "high fidelity radio".
Is it a fair deal?
The car looks good in the pictures other then curbed rims.

Please post up, what experienced Tesla people think about this.
Are you set on getting a performance model? If not, you could get a newer car with better range and AP2 for close to the same price.

I like the performance options.
Now I am considering a new Model 3 with performance option, it will be less $ and new.(tax credits)
I drove a P90D before and was very impressed with it.
Is the Model 3 a big letdown compared to the Model S?

I just got a P90DL with every option (minus sub 0) for $65k.

If you have your eye set on that car, look at the ev-cpo price history to see if it hit the price floor and it spiked back up, you can also look at comps to try and predict the floor before you hit buy

When it comes to M3 vs MS it is more about space than luxury. You will love either car and will not be "disappointed" we a performance 3. Having driven every version of the Model S in existence when I worked at Tesla I can tell you the Model 3 and especially the Performance 3 handles much better than any Model S. When MotorTrend said the M3 handled like a Porsche that was not hyperbole. That being said I had multiple clients end up selling their 3's and going to MS or MX because the 3 was just too small. they couldn't go without the hatchback and found the rear seats too small. So if it it just you driving the car most of the time I would say M3 all the way. If you are carrying kids and pets and/or a lot of cargo and gear go with the MS.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911 and Donz_S