Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Abstract Ocean Bright Lights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received the 7 pack white lights package yesterday, installed 2 in the truck, all 4 doors, and glove box. Huge freaking improvement. Honestly I almost didn't do the glove box, didn't think I needed it.....but had the last LED and figured why not.....just installed it and I'm glad I did, big difference in glove box now.

Two things I will mention.....I watched the Abstract Ocean installation video before I did each light....okay I've replaced puddle lights in my Audi's before, it was pretty easy. But the AO video for the trunk doesn't show the exact same trim that I have. When they remove the retaining clip they only have the molded carpet trim to pull back.....in my car, that carpet trim is held in by a molded plastic trim piece......it isn't totally easy to get the carpet trim properly back inside the plastic trim.....just sayn'.

Second point....as has been mentioned before, there's not a lot of excess wire when you remove the puddle lights.....it's very tight actually in all four doors for my car, VIN 121.... late October build date. Were they trying to save a few $$ on wire, who knows.....but it's tight, be careful.

Now I just ordered the blue lights for foot wells, what the heck I'm on a roll now. :)

Reactions: Johnabis
would love to get these in Red. Wouldn't mind throwing few bucks your way to do this for the 4 door pockets
Tesla Model 3 - Door Pocket Ambient Lighting - Color Caps by tyanger

They are still a work in progress, but here are the files on Thingiverse. The front door designs are pretty good - there is the thicker one you see here and I made a slightly thinner one too. The rear door design is giving me some trouble - because the rear door slot is narrower everything is more fragile. The design you see here works OK, but it is a little loose. If I make the prongs fit any tighter they frequently break when inserting them. I'm printing in PETG and have a very low end printer (monoprice select mini)

To be honest, I just dabble with 3D printing and I don't have any red filament. Here is a link to the files to print the caps if anyone else on this board happens to have red. A spool of filament can cost anywhere from $15-40, which is way more than what I think these things are worth - I'd say 5 bucks including postage. Makes more sense to have someone with 5 feet of extra red filament print it than to go out and buy a spool just for these.

Installed some new lights today. Tesla's lights are pathetic. Shame on them.

Attachments

• puddle1.jpg
    puddle1.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 136
  • puddle2.jpg
    puddle2.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 114