Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AC Anomaly - Passenger Vent Cooler than Driver's Vent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wanted to see if anyone experienced this issue and have any suggestions. 2014 MS - with the AC set to LO and anywhere above, the air out of the right (passenger) vents are much colder than that coming out of the left (driver) vents.

Both side temps are identical, but the driver's side doesn't get cold, seems to be about 15 degrees warming than the passenger's side.

Overall it doesn't appear to be a cold as I have experienced previously and in other cars.

In addition, the airflow seems a bit low, as well.

Anyone has any insight?

I have an MCU2 updgrade appointment in 2 weeks, but wanted to see if there's anything I can look for in the interim.

Thanks in advance.

To expand, if you shift the side-to-side control level all the way to one side, it blocks off that vent. Are you getting good airflow out of each vent? If not, perhaps the vent is closed or broken.

There is also an internal vane and blend door to redirect air to the left or right side vents. These are deep inside the dash. If these elements are locked into one position, it would leave the airflow or temperature unbalanced (i.e. more on one side than the other).

Lastly, perhaps the driver's side air handling channel has become disconnected inside the dash. I'm not sure that is even possible but would explain what you are encountering.